Past HOD Meetings
The next House of Delegates meeting is scheduled for Tuesday May 17th via Zoom at 8:00p.
Handouts and Zoom Information
All handouts and Zoom information will also be linked on the "HOD Handouts" which can be found in FAST by logging into your MY FAST (NOT your Team's FAST Admin where you process entries).
- Club Delegates preliminary list. Each club must register 1 voting delegate and optional alternate delegates up to a maximum of 2 alternates. Only 1 vote may be cast per club.
- This is a Google Doc so please make the necessary changes to your Team's delegates.
- Draft minutes from the June 2021 meeting
- Slate of Nominees Biographies - see below
- Proposed 2021-2022 Budget and Zoom information
- You will need to log in to your personal MY FAST account
- CSI Financials through March 31, 2022. To request a copy, please email email@example.com
2022 Slate of Nominees for election.
If there is a nomination from the floor and a vote needs to take place, this will be done via FAST. Club Delegates, Board of Directors and At-Large Athlete Delegates will use the links below to vote. Voting will open that evening if and only a nomination comes from the floor.
- Rick Lewis - General Chair
- Jeff Sargent - Admin. Vice Chair
- Sean Farrell - Senior Chair
- Joan Lynch - Finance Vice Chair
- Sue Lecza - Treasurer
- Ronnie Vaughan - Age Group Chair
- Jen Lyman - Program Development Vice Chair
- Nick Cavataro - Coach-at-Large
- Lauren Lazar - Secretary
House of Delegates (Annual Meeting) Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 7:30 pm
The next House of Delegates annual meeting will be held Tuesday, June 15, 2021, at 7:30 pm, at Meriden YMCA Mountain Mist Outdoor Center. Special thanks to Coach Cathy Lewis for making arrangements.
Address: 576 High Hill Road, Meriden, CT 06450
Directions: Please note not all GPS directions are accurate and may send you to High Hill Road in Wallingford which does not connect through to High Hill Road in Meriden. Your best bet is to type High Hill Road, Meriden, CT 06450 into your GPS to get you to the correct road. When you get onto High Hill Road follow it all the way the end, the entrance will be on your left.
- The meeting will be held in-person (outdoors and abiding by Meriden YMCA and Department of Health guidelines) and by video stream for those clubs that wish to attend virtually.
- Until further notice, this meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a meet sanction/approval for the 2021-2022 Short Course season.
- ALL attendees MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE for this meeting by June 14, 2021. The registration form is posted to all My Accounts (Coaches, Officials, Swimmers, and Parents.) All correspondence related to this reservation will go through the email associated with your My Account. If you no longer use the email associated with your My Account, please create a NEW My Account using your active email. Your old and new accounts will be merged.
- Register Deadline: June 14, 2021. Registration has closed.
Elections to the Board of Directors
The Nominating Committee is pleased to present the slate of candidates for your consideration and election. It has been the goal of the Nominating Committee to involve the greatest number of participants within our LSC. Candidates nominated from the floor must have given their consent in advance (in writing) to the person nominating them or be present (in-person or virtually) at the House of Delegates meeting in order to accept the nomination. Thank you to each of you who has expressed a willingness to serve and for your participation in this important process. Special thanks to the Governance Committee/Nominating Committee: David Heller, UN; Ellen Johnston, WRAT; Peter Michalik, GRYM, Athlete; Kaeley Steinnagel, LEHY.
Age Group Committee Chair:
Dave Modzelewski, CDOG
Joan Lynch, GYWD
Davide Mendonça and Kathleen Mendonça, UN
Officials Committee Chair:
Dave Pite, UN
Operational Risk Coordinator:
Brandon Foster, SYS/BULL
David Haverly, MJCC
Jeremy Virgil, WYW/ARAC
Program Operations Vice-Chair:
Yolanda Jahan, GRYM
Safe Sport Coordinator:
Greg Pinchbeck, WYW
Technical Planning Committee Chair:
Jason Paige, RYWC
Sue Lecza, SYS
Per Connecticut Swimming (CSI) Bylaws, athlete members will constitute at least 20% of the House of Delegates voting membership. These athletes represent themselves at the House of Delegates and cast votes independently of their club affiliation. The Athlete-At-Large House of Delegates member must meet this criteria: 1.) Be a 2021 member in good-standing with CT Swimming and; 2.) be a current sophomore in high school or will be at least a sophomore at the start of the 2021-2022 school year and; 3.) currently competing or have competed in the 3 immediately preceding years. Athletes may nominate themselves or be nominated by their club, coach, parent, etc. Nominees will be appointed by General Chair, Rick Lewis, with advice and consent of the Board of Directors.
- Club Delegates preliminary and as of June 10, 2021. Each club must register 1 voting delegate and optional alternate delegates up to a maximum of 2 alternates. Only 1 vote may be cast per club.
- Draft minutes from the October 2020 meeting
- Slate of Nominees Biographies are updated of 06.14.21
- Proposed 2021-2022 Budget.
- Weekly Report of Splashes to Swimmers
- CSI Financials through May 31, 2021. To request a copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: After a delay due to the State of CT Public Health Emergency, the Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 24, 2020, at 12 pm. Planning is underway to hold an in-person meeting (outdoors, socially distanced, masks required) and video stream for those clubs that wish to attend virtually. Please mark your calendars!
Location: Westport Weston Family YMCA Camp Mahackeno Outdoor Amphitheater, 14 Allen Raymond Ln, Westport, CT 06880. In the event of inclement weather, the meeting will be held virtually (Zoom).
- Online Registration is now closed for this meeting.
- Each club must register 1 voting delegate and optional alternate delegates up to a maximum of 2 alternates. Only 1 vote may be cast per club.
- List of Club Delegates as of 10.22.20. Email email@example.com with changes.
- Each attendee must register in advance for in-person (assigned seating, socially distanced, masks required) --or-- for virtual attendance.
- Resolutions to commence the annual meeting of the House of Delegates and to establish the term for the 2020-2021 Board of Directors.
- Draft minutes from October 2019 meeting
- Slate of Nominees and Biographies 10.23.20 Bios are updated. 10.10.20 Update: The procedure for taking nominations from the floor was clarified.
- Proposed 2020-2021 Budget and Notes
- Financials ending Fiscal Year 2020
Highlights House of Delegates 2019 Fall Meeting
The annual House of Delegates meeting was held Tuesday, October 29, 2019, at the High Plains Community Center in Orange, CT. Special thanks to Dave Pite for making arrangements with the community center. General Chair Ellen Johnston commenced the meeting with opening remarks highlighting the Bylaws Committee's (Sue Lecza, Mark Wollen, and Ed Becker) work in preparing the draft version of CSI By-Laws for this meeting’s vote. Ellen discussed how CSI continues to be a vibrant organization, with swimmers excelling at every level from beginner to international competitions. She commended our officials for working at all levels, up to TYR pro series meets and national championships.
Announcements from USA Swimming Convention in September: Diversity and Inclusion will now be known as Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; only the National Board of Review will hear Code of Conduct violations; and USA Swimming has assembled a task force to look at increasing club membership fees.
Ellen concluded her remarks by saying we are all here for our swimmers and thanked the coaches, parents, and volunteers for their involvement in the sport. The upcoming CSI Awards Banquet will recognize those contributors to the sport.
- Draft Connecticut Swimming Bylaws based on USA Swimming's LSC Bylaws effective 2020
- Governance Committee is now a required committee and it will also serve as the Nominating Committee.
- CSI will increase the Board to three Coach Representatives and the Coach-at-Large position will be eliminated.
- In addition, Board will increase to 6 Athlete Representatives (Must have 20% athlete representation at all meetings.)
- Quorum at committee meetings will be majority of those attending.
- Member club delegate to the House of Delegates does not need to be member of USA Swimming.
That the Board of Directors address the Meet Cancellation Policy at their next Board meeting and suspend the current Meet Cancellation Policy until further discussion and research is put forth into developing an amended proposal.
2020 Spring House of Delegates Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 7:30pm (location TBD).
Treasurer – Sue Lecza distributed and reviewed the financial statements as of August 31, 2019. CSI ended the 2019 fiscal year with profit significantly higher than budgeted. She noted variances from budget which contributed to the profit: (1) individual registration fees were increased from $70 to $75. Athlete registration count remained about the same. (2) No Elite Training Camp was held and (3) the Short Course Zone meet travel expenses were not disbursed.
Senior Committee Chair – Jason Paige reported that Maxine Parker, CPAC, is the Swimmer of the Year, as she is ranked 20th in the world in 50 Free, and Matthew Torres, a Para Pan Pac gold medalist in the 400 Free, is the Adapted Swimmer of the Year. Jason also reported the Senior Travel Assistance program funding has been increased slightly from prior year due to the upcoming Olympic year and additional anticipated travel. He also discussed the Senior Invite meet upcoming in March.
Technical Planning Committee Chair – Kaeley Steinnagel is looking for two additional members for the Technical Planning Committee.
Program Development Vice-Chair – Jen Lyman would like to get the committee chairs together to discuss a Quadrennial Plan and present it at the May 2020 House of Delegates meeting. Time standards will be out in the near future.
Officials Committee Chair - Dave Pite reported that CSI has had a number of meets already. Morale is good. Record number of attendees at the annual officials meeting in September. Officials clinics are offered at various locations throughout the state and plans are underway to hold starter re-certification clinics.
Coach Representatives – Kristen Finnegan announced the Age group Coach of the Year is Graham Bodner and the Senior coach of the year is Emmanuel Lanzo. Both will be at the Awards Banquet to accept their awards.
Athlete Representatives – Kyle Brown/Richard Nolan/Maddie Haley/Meghan Lynch/Claire Michalik – sent in report that their new Instagram account is up and running and active. All Athlete Reps will be assisting with the upcoming Awards Banquet.
Operational Risk Coordinator – Duffy Mudry reported all accidents that occur at swim meets happen at end of pool when people are jumping in and around pool deck. Wires and rubber mats not down securely are tripping hazards.
Registration/Membership Coordinator – Kathleen and Davide Mendonca report registrations are ongoing. Kathleen & Davide are learning their new role, starting off with doing registrations for one large team.
- Zone Coordinator Member-At-Large - John Scaldini – reports travel assistance has been approved for 2020 SC Zones. SC Zones is now a 14&under meet and clubs will submit their own entries. Long Course Age Group Zone meet entry will continue to be done through the CT Swimming.
- Safe Sport - Greg Pinchbeck reports MAAPP is required to be signed off annually by families, coaches, and officials. CSI is currently working on reviewing and revising the photography language for meet announcements.
House of Delegates Notice for Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 7:30pm
The meeting is rescheduled for October 29, 2019
This meeting is required for ALL non-college clubs. Clubs attending this meeting will receive a $100 refund from their $500 2020 USA Swimming club membership fee. This meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a sanction/approval for the 2020 LC Course season.
- Draft Connecticut Swimming Bylaws based on USA Swimming's LSC Bylaws effective 2020
- Draft minutes from May 2019 House of Delegates meeting
Highlights 2019 House of Delegates Annual Meeting
The annual House of Delegates meeting was held Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at the High Plains Community Center in Orange, CT. Our thanks to Dave Pite for making arrangements. General Chair Ellen Johnston welcomed all to the meeting and extended CSI's thanks and gratitude to outgoing Board members: Tyler Mathieu, MacAllister Milne, and Marissa McNary, Senior Athlete Representatives; David Modzelewski, Senior Coach Representative; Ken Gray, Officials Committee Chair; Jim Robison, Operational Risk Co-Chair; Suzannah Rogers, Program Operations Vice Co-Chair; Rick LaFrenierre, Membership/Registration Coordinator; and Rob Riccobon, Safe Sport Coordinator. Welcomed to the Board were the new Junior Athlete Representatives Maddie Haley, NCY; Meghan Lynch, GYWD, Claire Michalik, GRYM; and the new Junior Coach Representative Kristen Finnegan, WRAT.
The 2019-2020 budget presented by Todd Gordon, Finance Chair, was approved. Individuals may request a copy by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Elected to the Board of Directors were: Age Group Committee Chair Gordon Brown (RYWC), Technical Planning Committee Chair Kaeley Steinnagel (LEHY), Officials Committee Chair Dave Pite (SOCO), Program Operations Vice-Chair Mark Wollen (CDOG), Treasurer Sue Lecza (SYS), Operational Risk Coordinator Duffy Mudry (CDOG), Safe Sport Coordinator Greg Pinchbeck (WYW), and Membership/Registration Co-Coordinators Davide Mendonca and Kathleen Mendonca (SOCO). These Board Members-elect will begin their 2-year terms on September 1, 2019.
Nominations were taken from the floor for the Administrative Review Board. The following were appointed to the Administrative Review Board: Henk Jansen (PSDY), Mario Francisco (FVYM), Karim Mabrouk (MJCC), Dylan Lee (VSYM), Dave Pite (SOCO), Suzannah Rogers (CPAC) and Meghan Lynch (athlete, GYWD).
Technical Suits Restriction ballot was reviewed by Kaeley Steinnagel and discussed. Many LSC’s have implemented the restrictions and many are looking into adopting it this year. Reasons for implementing it before USA Swimming implements in 2020 are cost, pressure on young swimmers, and other suits are available that are not woven with ‘tape.' Swimmers can still wear knee skins, but they cannot be bound with tape (no seams). Reasons to wait for USA Swimming implementation date is to give everyone a year to become educated on what is suit is allowed and not allowed. It will be coach responsibility to ensure their swimmers do not wear illegal suits. Request was made to put on CSI website a list of which suits are allowed, and which are not allowed. The House of Delegates voted to ban 12/U athletes competing in technical suits effective September 1, 2019 at any CSI sanctioned, approved or observed meet.
The fall 2019 House of Delegates meeting will be held Saturday, September 21, 2019.
Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP). All clubs must conform to this new policy by June 23, 2019. It is critical that everyone read this policy, and comply by the deadline.
USA Swimming Flex Membership was summarized by Ellen Johnston. $20 membership fee and the swimmer can only compete in 2 meets (non-championship). A straw vote indicated a majority were in favor of having Flex Membership available commencing 2020.
USA Swimming Bylaw Revisions: USA Swimming has revised the standard bylaws to reduce excess verbiage. CSI House of Delegates will vote on the new bylaws (as mandated by USA Swimming) at the fall meeting.
Treasurer Sue Lecza distributed and reviewed the financial statements for the 8 months ending 4/30/19. No major variances from the budget to report. Individuals may request a copy of the financials by contacting email@example.com
Finance Vice-Chair Todd Gordon stated CSI has no visible exposures and financial position is solid.
Age Group Committee Chair Gordon Brown reported a successful SC Age Group Championship meet with the revised format. Age Group Championship meet announcement for LC will be out shortly.
Senior Committee Chair Jason Paige reminded all to complete the SC Senior Championships survey. The Senior Committee is currently deciding when/where to put the Senior Championships meet and would like coach input. LC Senior Championships time standards are out and the meet announcement will be out soon.
Technical Planning Committee Chair Kaeley Steinnagel – Silver Championships were canceled due to no bidders to host the meet.
Program Development Vice-Chair Jen Lyman thanked Dennis Flores, Diversity and Inclusion Chair for organizing a group of athletes to take part in the upcoming USA Swimming/Eastern Zone Diversity Camp.
Operational Risk Coordinator Duffy Mudry reported that CSI currently recommends having lifeguards on duty for all meets. Concussion certification is strongly encouraged for all coaches. Some states require concussion certification, so coaches should inquire when attending out of state meets. There are two approved courses online: one with CDC, and one with National Federation (high school coach training).
Zone Coordinator Member-At-Large John Scaldini reported that LC Zone Team will be organized the same as in past years; full team travel and must stay for the entire meet. 10&unders will travel with their parents. LC Zones information is posted on the CSI website, and the meet announcement will be posted as soon as we receive it. Deadline for ZoneTeam Swimmer Registration is July 21st at 5:00pm.
House of Delegates Annual Meeting Notice for Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 7:30pm
The House of Delegates annual meeting will be held Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at 7:30 pm at the High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT. This meeting is required for ALL non-college clubs. Clubs attending this meeting will receive a $100 refund from their $500 2019 USA Swimming club membership fee. This meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a sanction/approval for the 2019-2020 Short Course season.
- All clubs should review their Club Delegates (as of 05.14.19) and email corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org. Delegates from each club will cast 1 vote per club.
- Minutes from the October 2, 2018 meeting
- Slate of Nominees for Board of Directors
- Technical Suits Restriction ballot
- 2019-2020 Budget (hard copies will be available at the meeting)
- USA Swimming Flex Membership
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP) info and deadline
- Additional items will be posted in the near future.
The Fall House of Delegates meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 7:30 pm at the High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT. This meeting is required for ALL non-college clubs. Clubs attending this meeting will receive a $100 refund from their $500 2019 USA Swimming club membership fee. This meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a sanction/approval for the 2019 LC Course season.
- Club Delegates as of 10.01.18 are posted. Please email updates to email@example.com.
- Draft June 18, 2018 Meeting Minutes
Rescheduled: House of Delegates Annual Meeting Notice, Monday June 18, 2018
The annual meeting of the House of Delegates will be held on Monday June 18, 2018, 7:30 pm, at High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Rd, Orange, CT.
- Except for college clubs, all clubs are required to attend House of Delegates meetings. Failure to attend results in financial penalty. Clubs attending this meeting will receive a $100 refund from their $500 2018 USA Swimming club membership fee.
- This meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a sanction/approval for the 2018-2019 Short Course season.
- Review Club Delegates (as of May 15) and email corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft minutes September 23, 2017
- Slate of Nominees
- Proposed changes to the CSI Bylaws
2017 House of Delegates Fall Meeting Highlights
The fall meeting of the House of Delegates was convened by General Chair Ellen Johnston on Saturday, September 23, 2017, 1:15 pm, at the Graduate Club, New Haven, CT. Ellen welcomed all to the meeting. She noted that CSI continues to be in the forefront of LSCs and the Board of Directors is a very committed group of volunteers working hard for the betterment of CSI. Several task forces have been set up within the Board (i.e., to review meet scheduling and meet host bidding process, to review the Coaches Education Grant, etc.). Ellen reviewed the past year, noting highs and lows. Highs included a Junior National Champion Kate Douglass, CPAC, and National Junior Team member Kieran Smith, RAC. Lows included the passing of four CSI members: Chris Morin, Joe Brophy, Judy Snow, and Bill Krumm, all of whom gave in so many ways to CSI and to the sport of swimming. Additionally, the Age Group Coach of the Year Award has been renamed the Bill Krumm Age Group Coach of the Year Award.
Ellen summarized the United States Aquatic Sports (USAS) Aquatics Convention, noting that USA Swimming governance has been completely overhauled. The USA Swimming Board of Directors will now be more strategic, less operational, and some positions such as Zone Chair will be phased out. Also discussed, USA Swimming has hired a consultant to review technical suit policies for younger athletes.
Treasurer Sue Lecza distributed and reviewed the preliminary financial statements as of (and for the year ended) August 31, 2017 Net Income is shown as $29.600, however there may still be some outstanding expenses to be paid. The financial statements will be going to the auditors in the next month or two.
Technical Planning Committee Chair Jen Lyman and Zone Coordinator At-Large John Scaldini reported that the Eastern Zone voted to make the Short Course Age Group Zone Championship meet a time standards meet and entries will be handled by individual clubs (no LSC entry). Swimmers and relay teams will represent their club and scoring will be by individual clubs. There will be no LSC team (CT-CT) representation. The Long Course Age Group Zone Championship remains unchanged. It will be an LSC team represented time standards meet.
Program Development Vice Chair Kaeley Steinnagel reported qualifying times for Age Group and Senior Championships will be completed in October. CSI Championship meets for Short Course are as follows: Regionals – March 2-4 at various sites: Seniors March 8-11 at Wesleyan; Age Groups March 15-18 at Chelsea Piers CT. A new annual award is being created in honor of Judy Snow. The award will be for a Swimmer Volunteer of the Year. The criteria will be established and communicated in the near future. It will be based on a point system. The first award will be presented at the 2018 Annual Awards Banquet.
Officials Committee Chair Ken Gray reported that USA Swimming has approved a modification to the Medley Rule. Swimmer can come off the wall on their back, but must be past vertical before any progressive movement.
Coaches Representatives Dave Modzelewski/Erin Ritz announced the Coaches Education Grant awards. For the 2016-2017 period, 6 coaches applied for a total of 4 grants. Based on the point system, 3 accrued the highest number of points and will be awarded $500 each (Congratulations Dennis Flores, Jen Lyman and Dan Mascolo). There was a 3-way tie for the 4th total points, therefore it will be split among the remaining 3 coaches (Congratulations Kevin Quill, Emmanuel Lanzo and Kaeley Steinnagel). Erin reported that the Coaches Education Grant guidelines and awards are under review.
Athlete Representatives Jack Gray/Miku Takabayashi summarized their athlete survey results. There were two questions and 155 respondents:
- What timing do you prefer for Senior Championships (December, February, or March)?
60% said they prefer March.
- Where would you prefer to have Senior Championships?
78% said they prefer Wesleyan to Chelsea Piers.
New Business: Proposed LC Regional Championship Format Changes were presented by Program Operations Chair Kaeley Steinnagel, Age Group Committee Chair Dan Mascolo, and Coach at Large (former Technical Planning Committee Chair) Henk Jansen. The options were reviewed and questions answered. Each club in attendance voted for one of five options presented. Option 5 was selected: (i) Silver Championships – One meet for the swimmers who are within a certain percentage of Age Group Championship cuts (i.e., all kids who are within 10% of making the AG cut qualify for this meet.) (ii) Bronze Championships – The rest of the weekend are meets bid out by CSI much like Regionals with max cuts, etc. Note: This format change is for the Long Course season.
With the business portion of the House of Delegates concluded, guest speaker Scott Driscoll from Internet Safety Concepts spoke about internet awareness especially how today's apps, online social networking, etc, can affect children in positive and negative ways. Among other things, he spoke to how adults can help children from becoming victims and provided safety tips for protecting yourself online.
- IMPORTANT: Except for college clubs, all clubs are required to attend House of Delegates meetings. Failure to attend results in financial penalty.
- The fall meeting of the House of Delegates will be held Saturday, September 23, 2017, 1:15 pm at the Graduate Club, 155 Elm St, New Haven. Clubs attending this meeting will receive a $100 refund from their $500 2018 USA Swimming Club Membership membership fee. Clubs attending the May 2018 House of Delegates (date is TBD) will receive another $100 refund.
- This meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a sanction/approval for the 2018 Long Course season.
- Review Club Delegates (as of September 22) and email corrections to email@example.com
- Guest speaker: Scott Driscoll, Internet Safety Concepts. Topics covered will be:
- Today’s current apps and programs
- Cyber bullying/Sexting
- Social Networking, positives and negatives
- How to protect kids from becoming victims
- How we create “digital footprints”
- Safety tips for coaches/professionals on how to protect themselves online
- 8 AM: Officials reception/breakfast
9 AM: Officials Meeting
11:15-12 PM: Coaches and Officials Q&A ***NEW***
12 PM: Lunch
1:15-2 PM: House of Delegates business meeting
2-3:30 PM: Guest speaker Scott Driscoll
- 8 AM: Officials reception/breakfast
Annual Meeting Highlights Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- The annual meeting of the House of Delegates was convened by General Chair Ellen Johnston on Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 7:30pm, at Beckerman Athletic Center in Hamden. Special thanks to Hamden Hall and to Ken Pierson for making arrangements. A moment of silence was held for CSI members that had passed away recently: Joe Brophy, coach; Bill Krumm, coach and long-time Board of Director member; and Judy Snow, long-time CSI registrar. Ellen introduced Jeff Allen, USA Swimming Eastern Zone Sports Development Consultant and welcomed him to the meeting.
- Athlete Representatives Lindsay Gordon, Jack Gray, and Miku Takabayashi announced the incoming Junior Athlete Representatives Tylor Mathieu, BDEV; Marissa McNary, SYS; and McAllister Milne, BDEV; all of whom begin their terms on May 17, 2017. In addition, Erin Ritz, WRAT, begins her term as Junior Coach Representative on May 17, 2017.
- The meeting Agenda and October 2016 meeting minutes were approved.
- Board of Director Officers, Committee Chairs and Coordinators introduced themselves and present brief oral reports.
- Finance Vice-Chair Todd Gordon presented the 2017-2018 Proposed Budget. Approved unanimously.
- Nominating Committee Chair David Heller presented the Slate of Nominees and hearing no nominations from the floor, elections were held. Elected to the Board of Directors were: Susan Lezca, SYS, Treasurer; Suzannah Rogers, S70, and Mark Wollen, CDOG, Program Operations Co-Vice-Chairs; Dan Mascolo, CDOG, Age Group Committee Chair; Jen Lyman, SLAC, Technical Planning Committee Chair; Ken Gray, CAC, Officials Chair; Henk Jansen, PSDY, Coach-at-Large; Rick LaFrenierre, UN, Registration/Membership Coordinator; Duffy Mudry, SYS, and Jim Robison, CDOG, Safety Co-Coordinators; and Rob Riccobon, WHAT, Safe Sport Coordinator. These Board Members-elect will begin their 2-year terms on September 1, 2017. Special thanks to the Nominating Committee: Ed Becker, UN; Rob Bouchey, NMEG; David Heller, UN; Tom Jurzynski, WAC; Richard Lewis, SHKS; Jen Lyman, SLAC; John Scaldini, WEST; Jeff Sargent, WRAT, Athlete; and Ty Seymour, UN, Athlete.
- Administrative Chair Dave Reilly presented revisions to the CSI Bylaws. Approved and effective immediately.
- The fall meeting date was selected. The meeting will be held Saturday, September 23, 2017. Location and time to be determined.
- The last agenda item was the presentation and discussion of the 2018 LC Regional Championship - Proposed Format Changes. Led by Henk Jansen, Technical Planning Committee Chair, discussion only was held and ideas exchanged. Two of the ideas that came from the delegates were: 1.) not holding Regional Championship and instead opening up the weekend to allow teams to host CSI sanctioned meets, and 2.) for the “10% Meet” to allow for bonus events. Technical Planning Committee will continue in its format review.
- The meet adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Annual Meeting Notice Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- NEW and IMPORTANT: Effective September 1, 2016, except for college clubs, all clubs are required to attend House of Delegates meetings. Failure to attend results in financial penalty. The spring meeting of the House of Delegates will be held Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 7:30 pm, at Beckerman Athletic Center 225 Skiff St, Hamden, CT. This meeting is required for ALL non-college clubs. Clubs attending this meeting will receive a $100 refund from their $500 2017 USA Swimming club membership fee. This meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a sanction/approval for the 2017-2018 Short Course season.
- Club Delegates as of May 16, 2017. All delegates must be current USA Swimming members. In order to vote, clubs must have a delegate listed.
- Agenda Items as of May 10, 2017 (subject to change):
- Approval of October 2016 meeting minutes
- Approval of 2017-2018 CSI budget: 2017-2018 Proposed Budget and Key Principles
- Elections to the Board of Directors. Slate of Nominees and Biographies updated 05.16.17
- Approval of revisions to the CSI Bylaws updated 05.13.17
- Selection of Fall 2017 HOD meeting date
- Discussion points as of May 10, 2017 (subject to change):
Guest Speaker: Mike Unger, Assistant Director at USA Swimming and co-producer of the The Last Gold, will speak about the story and production of this documentary detailing the heroic efforts of the women’s 1976 U.S. Olympic swim team as they competed against the systematically-doped East Germans. After an entire competition of disappointing results, winning no races and facing critical media that heaped on additional pressure, the U.S. women rallied together to do as a team what they could not do individually – win gold.
- NEW and IMPORTANT: Effective September 1, 2016, except for college clubs, all clubs are required to attend House of Delegates meetings. Failure to attend results in financial penalty.
- The fall meeting of the House of Delegates & Swimposium will be held Saturday, October 1, 2016. This meeting is required for ALL non-college clubs. Clubs attending the October 1 meeting will receive a $100 refund from their $500 2017 USA Swimming club membership fee. This meeting is required for any club wishing to receive a sanction/approval for the 2017 Long Course season. Clubs attending the May 2017 House of Delegates will receive a second $100 refund from their 2017 club membership fees.
- Location: Courtyard by Marriott, Shelton, CT.
- Registration Clubs are encouraged to register.
- Meet Host Requirement: Clubs wishing to host a 2017 LC meet must send a representative to this meeting.
- Coach Seminar: Announcing guest speaker Michael Brooks, North Caroline Aquatic Club Head coach and author of the book Developing Swimmers.
- Annual Officials Clinic: more information to follow.
- Agenda will be posted in the near future.
- Club Delegates as of September 29, 2016. Email updates to firstname.lastname@example.org. All delegates must be members in good-standing.
- House of Delegates May 2016 minutes
Highlights | Annual Meeting Tuesday, May 17, 2016
The annual meeting of the CSI House of Delegates (HOD) was held at the Beckerman Athletic Center, Hamden, CT. Special thanks to Ken Peirson, and HHAC, for hosting the meeting. Announcements and reports were presented and feedback/discussion held for the past championship season, proposed budget, etc. The 2016-2017 budget was approved by the HOD. Elections were held for the CSI Board of Directors and incoming Coach and Athlete Representatives were introduced. Congratulations to the new Junior Athlete Representatives Victoria Fletcher (S70), Jack Gray (WRAT), and Miku Takabayashi (BDEV) elected by their peers this past March. Dave Modzelewski (WYW) was elected Junior Coach Representative after Short Course Senior Championships. Congratulations to all representatives and we welcome them to the Board of Directors effective May 18, 2016.
Elected by the House of Delegates to the Board of Directors are:
General Chair: Ellen Johnston (WRAT)
Administrative Vice-Chair: Dave Reilly (WAC)
Finance Vice-Chair: Todd Gordon (RAC)
Program Development Vice-Chair: Kaeley Steinnagel (LEHY)
Senior Committee Chair: Jason Paige (RYWC)
Secretary: Joan Lynch (GYWD)
These members will serve a two-year term beginning September 1, 2016. Special thanks to members of the Nominating Committee: David Heller (UN) Chair, Nick Cavataro (GYWD), Robert Cristiano (SMST), Omar Cruz (ZEUS), Heather Flaherty (GRYM), Matt Hall (WYW), and Jen Lyman (NMEG) for serving on the Nominating Committee and presenting the slate of nominees.