Observed meets do not follow USA Swimming technical rules and USA Swimming athlete membership is not required. Only observed swim times from USA registered swimmers are considered official by USA Swimming and CSI. USA Swimming Officials attest the observed times were achieved following USA Technical rules including timing resolution. These meets include swims at High School, Collegiate, Masters or other association season-culminating Championship meets which are not run in accordance with USA Swimming Rules & Regulations. Organizations wishing to request USA Swimming observation for meets conducted within Connecticut are advised to contact the Program Operations Vice Chairs at least 3 weeks in advance of the meet, using this application.
There will be no exceptions to the mandatory ten day advance application deadline noted on the application; questions should be addressed to one or both of the Program Operations Vice-Chairs Suzannah Rogers and Mark Wollen.
Times from Connecticut Swimming observed meets are loaded into both the USA Swimming SWIMS database and the CT Swimming FAST database. Frequently, due to the times coming in from outside organizations with different athlete identification methodologies, valid times fail to load into the databases automatically. For instance, a valid swim in a high school championship meet may fail to load because the athlete's name or date of birth is incorrect in the high school championship database. Such missing times should be brought to the attention of Ginger McCurdy as soon as possible after the conclusion of the meet so that the time can be manually added to the databases.
2018 - 2019 Observed SCY Meets: These meets have been approved for observation, and will be loaded into the databases as received from their sponsoring organizations.
- Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference - Girls:
- CIAC Girls Class S Championship - Finals session only;
- CIAC Girls Class M Championship - Finals session only;
- CIAC Girls Class L Championship - Preliminary and Finals sessions;
- CIAC Girls Class LL Championship - Finals session only;
- CIAC Girls Open Championship Finals
- Southwest Conference Championships on October 27, 2018
- FCIAC Finals on November 1, 2018 - not yet received
- SCC Finals on November 1, 2018
- CCC East on November 2, 1018
- Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference - Boys:
- CIAC Boys Class S Championshp - Finals session on March 11, 2019;
- CIAC Boys Class M Championship - Finals session on March 11, 2019;
- Fairchester League Championship at Hamden Hall on February 23, 2019;
- Founder's League Championship at Hotchkiss on February 23, 2019;
- CCC West Championship at Cornerstone on February 27, 2019;
- CCC East Championship at Glastonbury on February 28, 2019;
- NEPPSA Division II Champs at Wesleyan on March 2, 2019;