Coach Educational Incentive Grant
Coach Educational Incentive Program
- The eligibility period is September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022.
- Grants awarded will be a maximum of six (6) $500 awards.
- There will be no restrictions to previous year winners applying.
- The deadline is September 9, 2022 at 11:59p
The CSI Board of Directors (07.16.20 meeting) also voted to expand the allowable grant award expenses to include the purchase of equipment related to competitive swimming training.
Apply for an Educational Grant. This application is secure and coaches must log into their FAST My Account to submit the application.
The Coaches Educational Incentive Program provides educational grants for Connecticut Swimming coaches who participate in CSI activities and events. CSI Coaches will be selected to receive CSI Educational Grants based upon a pre-established Point System (see below) and other established criteria, and are required to complete and forward to Connecticut Swimming an Application for an Educational Grant. Coaches will provide on this application a complete listing of all activities and events in which he/she participated in the fiscal year September 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022
In the event that more than six (6) coaches achieve the same number of points, the grant(s) shall be evenly divided.
Grants, which are available for a period of one year from the date the selection is made, may only be used to cover and/or defray the cost of educational activities and equipment (i.e, expenses relating to attendance at clinics – registration fee, transportation, and hotel or educational materials – videos, manuals, books, etc.). Expenses for such shall be paid directly by Connecticut Swimming or by submitting a CSI reimbursement form with receipts. Questions related to allowed expenses should be directed to email@example.com. In no event may a coach apply CSI grant dollars for expenses reimbursed by the coach's club, by Connecticut Swimming, or by any other party or for expenses related to entertainment, meals, or car rental. Connecticut Swimming further reserves the right to approve the use of all grants.
- 1 Point: Attendance at a coaching clinic/seminar (e.g., CSI Coaches Clinic, ASCA Eastern States Clinic, etc.)
- 1 Point: Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings of Connecticut Swimming, Inc. (excluding attendance at committee meetings which you chair or which you are required to attend) Maximum: 8 points
- 2 Points: Volunteer work involving the sport of swimming (e.g., Special Olympics, Games)
- 3 Points: Blue Ribbon Camp Coach
- 3 Points: Connecticut Swimming Racing Camp Coach
- 4 Points: Zone Team Coach
- 4 Points: National Age Group Camp Coach
- 4 Points: Senior Elite Training Camp Coach
- 5 Points: CSI Committee Chairman or Elected Officer (must attend 75% of all required CSI meetings)
Congratulations to the 2018-2019 grant awardee: Full award: Jen Lyman (SLAC).
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 grant awardees: Graham Bodner (RAC) and Dave Modzelewski (CDOG). Both were awarded $500 each.
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 grant awardees: Full award: Dennis Flores; Jen Lyman; and Dan Mascolo. Partial award due to 3-way tie: Emmanuel Lanzo; Kevin Quill; Kaeley Steinnagel.