Connecticut Swimming is a LSC (Local Swim Committee) of USA Swimming. When you join Connecticut Swimming you also join USA Swimming. The majority of your membership fee goes to USA Swimming. Only USA Swimming member athletes, coaches, and officials may participate in Connecticut Swimming sanctioned swim meets.
You do not have to live in CT in order to join Connecticut Swimming. Members wishing to join and not affiliate with a CSI-member club may do so as "unattached" members.
Effective August 15, 2022:
ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF DIRECTLY WITH USA SWIMMING via SWIM 3.0.
- NEW SWIMMERS, SWIMMERS WHO NEVER REGISTERED THRU SWIMS 3.0 & TEAMS WHO OPTED OUT OF BULK RENEWAL
Request a registration link from your respective Team. The Head Coach and/or Club Registrar will have access to this link. The Registration link is unique to your Team. You CANNOT use "any old" link.
- This link will allow you to create a login, click the link and follow the prompts.
- PLEASE double check and make sure you are registering the correct LSC (CT-Connecticut) Team. I know, you would be surprised how many people registered for Teams in Nevada and Vermont? It's true.
- TEAMS WHO OPTED FOR BULK RENEWAL
- New and returning swimmers who have never used SWIMS 3.0 to register follow the above instructions.
- If you are a renewing USA Swimming member and you already have a SWIMS 3.0 login, logout of 3.0 and click the link.
- Teams who opted for "Bulk" will renew their athletes. Families have nothing to do.
- NOTE: Once a Team goes "Bulk" they must remain Bulk until the end of the registration period
Helpful Video Tutorials and Information:
Registration Fees for the 2023 swim year (September 1, through December 31).
Annual Registration for the "swim year" is effective September 1 and covers the period from that date until December 31 of the next year. So, if you are a first timer, you get a year and four months the first time your register.
- Club registration fees is a two-step process. First you must register your Team in SWIMS 3.0. Club toolbar>Club Renewal>follow the prompts. This cost is $70 paid directly to USA Swimming via this process.
- NOTE: all Teams with a competitive swim Team MUST choose "Year-Round Club" for Team Type and designate a Head Coach, Contact, President. The Contact and HC can be the same person, but the President cannot, and all must be registered with USA Swimming. These are the two biggest "hang-ups" I have heard of.
- The 2nd step is filling out the LSC Team registration form and paying the Team LSC fee of $430. Teams can receive a refund of a $100 for attendance at each of two annual House of Delegates meetings ($200 total).
- Individual athlete or non-athlete: $85 ($70 to USA Swimming, $15 to CT Swimming)
- Seasonal athlete: $50 ($30 to USA Swimming, $15 to CT Swimming. Note: This membership type is ONLY offered for LC Season, expires 8/31 and is subject to limitations. If you want to upgrade from this membership, you must do it prior to 8/31.
- Flex athlete: $30 ($20 to USA Swimming, $10 to CT Swimming. Note: This membership type is subject to limitations and for 12/unders ONLY starting 9/1/22.)
- Outreach athlete: $5 ($5 to USA Swimming, $0 to CT Swimming)
- Teams now vet and approve their own Outreach athletes. Teams send out the Outreach registration link themselves.
- Administrator (Club Employee and Board members): $30 ($30 to USA Swimming, $12 to CT Swimming)
- Single Meet Athletes: $10 ($10 to USA Swimming, $0 to CT Swimming)
- This is for open water events ONLY
- Please note this registration is good for 3 days only. Process this registration right before your event.
Athletes, Coaches, Officials and other volunteers will exclusively use SWIMS 3,0 for proof of membership. You can also access your card virtually via the USA Swimming App. Same login you use for SWIMS 3.0. No need to print anymore it's 2023!