Connecticut Swimming is a LSC (Local Swim Committee) of USA Swimming. When you join Connecticut Swimming you also join USA Swimming. The majority of your membership fee goes to USA Swimming. Only USA Swimming member athletes, coaches, and officials may participate in Connecticut Swimming sanctioned swim meets.
You do not have to live in CT in order to join Connecticut Swimming. Members wishing to join and not affiliate with a CSI-member club may do so as "unattached" members.
Effective August 15, 2022:
ALL REGISTRATIONS WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF DIRECTLY WITH USA SWIMMING via SWIM 3.0.
- Anyone who wishes to register with USA Swimming and with a specific Team MUST request a registration link from that specific Team. The Head Coach and/or Club Registrar will have access to this link.
- The Registration link is unique to the Team you are renewing with or joining. You CANNOT use "any old" link.
- This link will allow you to create a login, if you are brand new to USA Swimming, click the link and follow the prompts.
- If you are a renewing USA Swimming member and you already have a SWIMS 3.0 login, logout of 3.0 and click the link.
- If you are renewing, even if it was from 20 years ago, do NOT have a SWIMS 3.0 login, before you click the link to create the login you will need your ID (this is a new random character ID started in September of 2022) which you can get from the Team's Head Coach or Registrar. Once you have your ID, click the link. This ID will allow you to "link" your info that is already in the SWIMS 3.0 database and link it to this login you are creating. If you don't you will not have access to your stuff! Do not skip this step.
- PLEASE NOTE, once you have your login created properly logout and click the link the Team sent again, this will guide you to a registration page. Please double check and make sure you are registering the correct LSC (CT-Connecticut) Team. I know, you would be surprised how many people registered for Teams in Nevada and Vermont? It's true. ALSO, if you are renewing, please click YES when asked if you are renewing or have ever been registered with USA Swimming, even if it was 20 years ago, click YES!!
Helpful Video Tutorials and Information:
Registration Fees for the 2023 swim year (September 1, through December 31).
Annual Registration for the "swim year" is effective September 1 and covers the period from that date until December 31 of the next year. So, if you are a first timer, you get a year and four months the first time your register.
- Club registration fees is a two-step process. First you must register your Team in SWIMS 3.0. Club toolbar>Club Renewal>follow the prompts. This cost is $70 paid directly to USA Swimming via this process.
- NOTE: all Teams with a competitive swim Team MUST choose "Year-Round Club" for Team Type and designate a Head Coach, Contact, President. The Contact and HC can be the same person, but the President cannot, and all must be registered with USA Swimming. These are the two biggest "hang-ups" I have heard of.
- The 2nd step is filling out the LSC Team registration form and paying the Team LSC fee of $430. Teams can receive a refund of a $100 for attendance at each of two annual House of Delegates meetings ($200 total).
- LSC Registration form
- Individual athlete or non-athlete: $80 ($68 to USA Swimming, $12 to CT Swimming)
- Seasonal athlete: $40 ($30 to USA Swimming, $10 to CT Swimming. Note: This membership type is ONLY offered for LC Season and is subject to limitations.)
- Flex athlete: $30 ($20 to USA Swimming, $10 to CT Swimming. Note: This membership type is subject to limitations and for 12/unders ONLY starting 9/1/22.)
- Outreach athlete: $5 ($5 to USA Swimming, $0 to CT Swimming)
- Teams now vet and approve their own Outreach athletes. Teams send out the Outreach registration link themselves.
- Club Employee and Board members: $30 ($30 to USA Swimming, $0 to CT Swimming)
Athletes, Coaches, Officials and other volunteers will exclusively use SWIMS 3,0 for proof of membership. You can also access your card virtually via the USA Swimming App. Same login you use for SWIMS 3.0. No need to print anymore it's 2023!
Register and learn more about Membership Types:
- Athlete Outreach (reduced membership)
- Other Volunteers (including dry land coaches/instructors)
Find your Club's CSI Registrar
- Davide and Kathleen Mendonca: AJSC, ARAC, BSPL, BSY, BULL, CAC, CAT, CDOG, CPAC, FINS, FFLY, FVYT, and YALE
- Henk: GLAS, GRIT/CCSU, GRYM, GWYB, GYWD, HHAC, IVY, LEHY, LST, MAC, MJCC, NCA, NCY, NFAF, NMBS, NMEG, NSC, NWYL, OAK, ORCA, OXO, PAC, PSC, PSDY, RAC, RAYS, RST, RYWC, SAQ, SEAL, SHKS, SJCC, SLAC, SOCO, SSAC, SYS, TAC, UN, VSYM, WAC, WEST, WFYD, WHAT, WHSC, WOLF, WRAT, WRTS, WWRX, WYW, YCST, ZEUS