Note to those registering for 2019 as continuing members: If necessary, you can still register for 2019, although if you can wait until September 1st, you will get more months of membership for the same amount of money. Please use the "new member" application, found here. Any valid credentials that have been submitted and entered into the national database remain, and will attach to your membership once it has been processed.
Registration for the 2020 swim year (September 1, 2019 through December 31, 2020) will open on September 1, 2019. Fees are as follows:
- Individual athlete or non-athlete: $75
- Seasonal athlete: $40 (Note: This membership type is subject to limitations.)
- Flex athlete: $20 (Note: This membership type is subject to limitations.)
- Outreach athlete: $7
- Club: $500, of which up to $200 may be refunded based on meeting attendance
Paper membership cards have been phased out by USA Swimming. Athletes, Coaches, Officials and other volunteers will exclusively use the online card available through Deck Pass. If you do not have access to a smart phone, please contact your team's registrar for assistance.
Under the new Athlete Protection Training system, sometimes APTs are not showing/matching to non-athlete member records in the membership database SWIMS. One of the main reasons is that the non-athlete member doesn’t complete the evaluation, so it doesn’t show as completed. If one course shows 100% but has no "done" check mark, it is not completed. To complete this course: You will need to click on the course, then select “2” from the navigation (see image below) and complete the course evaluation. Once you have fulfilled the requirement, there will be a check mark on the course and you will receive an email congratulating you for completing the requirement.
Message from USA Swimming's Safe Sport regarding Athlete Protection Training (APT): Regular and frequent training reminds us about the impact that we have on our athletes and the kids in our sport. No matter your role in the organization, your work and connection with our athletes is incredibly important, and we are all responsible for ensuring their experience is safe, positive and free of abuse. You will notice some changes this year to the USA Swimming required Athlete Protection Training (APT). The U.S. Center for SafeSport (“the Center”) is the separate, independent, organization that responds to reports of abuse in the Olympic and Paralympic movements. In addition to that responsibility, the Center also sets policies for national governing bodies (NGBs) such as USA Swimming to follow and provides educational tools and resources. As a policy, the Center is requiring every USA Swimming member or individual with authority over, or frequent contact with, athletes to annually compete its “Core Center for SafeSport Training” educational resource or its refresher course. Starting February 4, 2019, the Core training will be live on the USA Swimming LEARN platform. This will be a change from how APT was completed in previous years both in substance and in the annual requirements. First, while each member’s current APT training expiration date will be honored, members will no longer have a two-year USA Swimming APT certification. In the first year following expiration or upon new registration, only the Center’s Core training course will be required to obtain APT certification. Thereafter, every year, every non-athlete member will be required to complete the Center’s refresher course and also to take a USA Swimming elective APT course in order to obtain the required number of points for APT certification. If you have any questions regarding this change, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for your continued commitment to Safe Sport. -- Abby Howard, USA Swimming Associate Counsel & Director of Safe Sport
- Background checks are taking much longer than the typical 3-5 days. Coaches should plan to renew their background checks at least a month in advance of their renewal date, at the USA Swimming background check site.
- All clubs must confirm that they are complying with all Racing Start Certification requirements by checking the checkbox and signing this section on the 2019 club application form. A checkbox labeled “Racing Start Certified” has been added to club records in SWIMS. Clubs cannot be added or renewed for registration year 2019 unless this box is checked.
- Clubs registering athletes follow this procedure.
- Clubs renewing USA Swimming Club membership follow this procedure.
Connecticut Swimming is a LSC (Local Swim Committee) of USA Swimming. When you join Connecticut Swimming you also join USA Swimming. The majority of your membership fee goes to USA Swimming. Only USA Swimming member athletes, coaches, and officials may participate in Connecticut Swimming sanctioned swim meets.
For every new registration or renewal, a USA Swimming membership application must be submitted every year. Most members of Connecticut Swimming (CSI) join through their local CSI-member club. You do not have to live in CT in order to join Connecticut Swimming. Members wishing to join and not affiliate with a CSI-member club may do so as "unattached" members.
2020 membership will open on September 1, 2019 and will cover the period from that date through December 31, 2020. Membership fees are:
- Full-year athlete and non-athlete membership fee: $75 ($15 CT Swimming; $60 USA Swimming)
- Outreach full-year athlete membership fee: $7 ($2 CT Swimming; $5 USA Swimming)
- Seasonal Membership (April 4 through August 31, 2020) fee: $40 ($10 CT Swimming; $30 USA Swimming)
- Flex Membership (Subject to meet entry limits; $10 CT Swimming; $10 USA Swimming)
- Club membership fee: $500 ($430 CT Swimming; $70 USA Swimming). Clubs attending CSI's House of Delegates meeting will receive a $100 refund per meeting. In the case of a single annual meeting, clubs will receive a $200 refund. College clubs are exempt. College club membership fee remains at $300 with no refunds.
Register and learn more about Membership Types:
Find your club's CSI Registrar
Each club is assigned a CSI registrar:
- Rick LaFrenierre: AJSC, ARAC, CAC, CAT, FFLY, GRYM, GWYB, GYWD, HNHS, ICSC, NFAF, NMBS, NMYB, PAC, PSDY, SHKS, SLAC, SMST, SSAC, SWAT, TAC, TP, VSYM, WAC, WEST, WOLF, WRTS, WYW.
- Ginger McCurdy: BEAR, BSY, BULL, CCSU, CPAC, FINS, FVYT, GLAS, GRIT, HHAC, HMST, HNHY, IVY, LEHY, LST, MAC, MJCC, MSC, NCA, NCY, NMEG, NSC, NWYL, OAK, OXO, RAC, RAYS, RYWC, SAQ, SEAL, SJCC, SOCO, SYS, UCON, WFYD, WHAT, WRAT, WWRX, YALE, YCST, ZEUS.
- Nan Cooper: CDOG