Now that 2019 is in the books, all applications for coach and official membership for 2020 must be processed through the "new member" portal, found here. In most cases, any existing unexpired certifications will travel with your registration, once complete.
Registration for the 2020 swim year (September 1, 2019 through December 31, 2020) will open on September 1, 2019. Fees are as follows:
- Individual athlete or non-athlete: $75
- Seasonal athlete: $40 (Note: This membership type is subject to limitations.)
- Flex athlete: $20 (Note: This membership type is subject to limitations.)
- Outreach athlete: $7
- Club: $500, of which up to $200 may be refunded based on meeting attendance
Paper membership cards have been phased out by USA Swimming. Athletes, Coaches, Officials and other volunteers will exclusively use the online card available through Deck Pass PLUS. If you do not have access to a smart phone, please contact your team's registrar for assistance.
- Coach Certification Extensions - As a result of the closures of many facilities due to COVID-19, coaches may find it difficult to renew some certifications. See here for steps being taken to assist with this issue for coaches whose Lifeguard Training, In-Water Safety Training or CPR/AED certifications expire between March 1 and June 30, 2020.
USADA Coaching Advantage Tutorial - Starting September 1, all coach members will be required to complete an annual USADA Coaching Advantage Tutorial (CAT) course by January 1, 2020. This 20-minute video course (presented in four modules) was added following discussions with the Age Group Anti-Doping Task Force and will be available on the LEARN platform, covering WADA code, checking medications, the testing process and a coach’s role in the clean sport movement. The latter is an incredibly significant element of the training that is crucial at all age levels. Renewal date for this course will be one year from completion date. Please direct questions about the USADA Coaching Advantage Tutorial to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athlete Protection Training - In response to member feedback, beginning September 1, 2019, you may notice the next time you log in that the three courses of the Athlete Protection Training have been streamlined into one. The training course continues to be produced by the U.S. Center for SafeSport and must be completed annually with a renewal date one year from the completion date. All adult athlete and non-athlete members must complete this training. This includes coaches, officials, Junior Coaches and anyone authorized to have regular contact with or authority over a minor athlete. Please direct questions about the Athlete Protection Training to email@example.com. Please note: The APT used to be renewed every 2 years, and everyone expired 12/31. When USA Swimming transitioned to the U.S. Center for SafeSport course content in February, 2019 to comply with a federal mandate, they affirmed that existing expirations for our non-athlete members would be honored, and the next time they took the APT, they would adopt the new annual rules. If your APT was completed just prior to the conversion to annual renewal, your APT expiration date may extend longer than a year.
Concussion Protocol Training - This requirement is new for all coaches and officials in 2020. USA Swimming will now require all coaches and officials complete Concussion Protocol Training by January 1, 2020.
- Courses from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), as well as individual states’ required courses will satisfy the USA Swimming requirement. Therefore, if you are a high school coach, you may have already completed the NFHS training.
- For USA Swimming membership, coaches and officials must successfully complete concussion and head injury education at least once. Courses may be accessed at
- This requirement is necessary to avoid personal liability for concussion/head strike incidents, ensuring our insurers will continue to provide liability insurance protection to USA Swimming, coaches, officials and clubs. Please direct questions about Concussion Protocol Training to George Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Background checks are taking much longer than the typical 3-5 days. Coaches should plan to renew their background checks at least a month in advance of their renewal date, at the USA Swimming background check site.
- All clubs must confirm that they are complying with all Racing Start Certification requirements by checking the checkbox and signing this section on the 2019 club application form. A checkbox labeled “Racing Start Certified” has been added to club records in SWIMS. Clubs cannot be added or renewed for registration year 2019 unless this box is checked.
- Clubs registering athletes follow this procedure.
- Clubs renewing USA Swimming Club membership follow this procedure.
Connecticut Swimming is a LSC (Local Swim Committee) of USA Swimming. When you join Connecticut Swimming you also join USA Swimming. The majority of your membership fee goes to USA Swimming. Only USA Swimming member athletes, coaches, and officials may participate in Connecticut Swimming sanctioned swim meets.
For every new registration or renewal, a USA Swimming membership application must be submitted every year. Most members of Connecticut Swimming (CSI) join through their local CSI-member club. You do not have to live in CT in order to join Connecticut Swimming. Members wishing to join and not affiliate with a CSI-member club may do so as "unattached" members.
2020 membership will open on September 1, 2019 and will cover the period from that date through December 31, 2020. Membership fees are:
- Full-year athlete and non-athlete membership fee: $75 ($15 CT Swimming; $60 USA Swimming)
- Outreach full-year athlete membership fee: $7 ($2 CT Swimming; $5 USA Swimming)
- Seasonal Membership (April 4 through August 31, 2020) fee: $40 ($10 CT Swimming; $30 USA Swimming)
- Flex Membership (Subject to meet entry limits; $10 CT Swimming; $10 USA Swimming)
- Club membership fee: $500 ($430 CT Swimming; $70 USA Swimming). Clubs attending CSI's House of Delegates meeting will receive a $100 refund per meeting. In the case of a single annual meeting, clubs will receive a $200 refund. College clubs are exempt. College club membership fee remains at $300 with no refunds.
Register and learn more about Membership Types:
Find your club's CSI Registrar
Each club is assigned a CSI registrar:
- Rick LaFrenierre: AJSC, ARAC, CAC, CAT, FFLY, GRYM, GWYB, GYWD, HNHS, ICSC, NFAF, NMBS, NMYB, PAC, PSDY, SHKS, SLAC, SMST, SSAC, SWAT, TAC, TP, VSYM, WAC, WEST, WOLF, WRTS, WYW.
- Ginger McCurdy: BEAR, BSY, BULL, CCSU, CPAC, FVYT, GLAS, GRIT, HHAC, HNHY, IVY, LEHY, MAC, MJCC, MSC, NCA, NCY, NMEG, NSC, NWYL, OAK, OXO, RAYS, SAQ, SJCC, SYS, UCON, WFYD, WHAT, WWRX, YALE, YCST, ZEUS, Mokuleia
- Davide and Kathleen Mendonca: FINS, HMST, LST, SEAL, SOCO, RAC, RYWC, WRAT
- Nan Cooper: CDOG