Note to those registering for 2019 as continuing members: Now that 2018 has expired, so has your membership. You must now apply as "new" members due to the lapse in your registration. Any valid credentials that have been submitted and entered into the national database remain, and will attach to your membership once it has been renewed, here.
Registration for the 2019 swim year (September 1, 2018 through December 31, 2019) will open on September 1, 2018. Fees are as follows:
Individual athlete or non-athlete: $75Family nonathlete: discontinued, no longer availableSeasonal athlete: $40Outreach athlete: $7Club: $500, of which up to $200 may be refunded based on meeting attendance
Paper membership cards are being phased out by USA Swimming. Athletes, Coaches, Officials and other volunteers will exclusively use the online card available through Deck Pass. If you do not have access to a smart phone, please contact your team's registrar for assistance.
Registration Updates: Clubs should make note of the following:
- Background checks are taking much longer than the typical 3-5 days. Coaches should plan to renew their background checks at least a month in advance of their renewal date, at the USA Swimming background check site.
- All clubs must confirm that they are complying with all Racing Start Certification requirements by checking the checkbox and signing this section on the 2019 club application form. A checkbox labeled “Racing Start Certified” has been added to club records in SWIMS. Clubs cannot be added or renewed for registration year 2019 unless this box is checked.
- Clubs registering athletes follow this procedure.
- Clubs renewing USA Swimming Club membership follow this procedure.
Connecticut Swimming is a LSC (Local Swim Committee) of USA Swimming. When you join Connecticut Swimming you also join USA Swimming. The majority of your membership fee goes to USA Swimming. Only USA Swimming member athletes, coaches, and officials may participate in Connecticut Swimming sanctioned swim meets.
For every new registration or renewal, a USA Swimming membership application must be submitted every year. Most members of Connecticut Swimming (CSI) join through their local CSI-member club. You do not have to live in CT in order to join Connecticut Swimming. Members wishing to join and not affiliate with a CSI-member club may do so as "unattached" members.
2019 membership will open on September 1, 2018 and will cover the period from that date through December 31, 2019. Membership fees are:
- Full-year athlete and non-athlete membership fee: $75 ($15 CT Swimming; $60 USA Swimming)
- Outreach full-year athlete membership fee: $7 ($2 CT Swimming; $5 USA Swimming)
- Seasonal Membership (April 4 through August 31, 2019) fee: $40 ($10 CT Swimming; $30 USA Swimming)
- Club membership fee: $500 ($430 CT Swimming; $70 USA Swimming). Clubs attending CSI's House of Delegates meeting will receive a $100 refund per meeting. In the case of a single annual meeting, clubs will receive a $200 refund. College clubs are exempt. College club membership fee remains at $300 with no refunds.
Register and learn more about Membership Types:
Find your club's CSI Registrar
Each club is assigned a CSI registrar:
- Rick LaFrenierre: AJSC, ARAC, CAC, CAT, CCAT, FFLY, GRYM, GWYB, GYWD, HNHS, ICSC, NFAF, NMBS, NMYB, PAC, PACK, PSDY, SA, SHKS, SHU, SLAC, SMST, SSAC, TAC, TP, VALY, VSYT, WAC, WEST, WRTS, WYW.
- Ginger McCurdy: BEAR, BDEV, BSY, BULL, CCSU, CPAC, FINS, FVYT, GLAS, HHAC, HMST, HNHY, IVY, LEHY, LST, MAC, MJCC, MRDN, MSC, NCA, NCY, NMEG, NOMA, NSC, NWYL, OAK, OXO, RAC, RAYS, RYWC, S70, SAQ, SCSU, SJCC, SOCO, STAM, SYS, UCON, WFYD, WHAT, WRAT, WWRX, YALE, YCST, ZEUS.
- Nan Cooper: CDOG