Coach Educational Incentive Program
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 grant awardees: Graham Bodner (RAC) and Dave Modzelewski (CDOG). Both were awarded $500 each.
Deadline is Friday, September 14, 2018
Application for an Educational Grant
This application is secure. Coaches must log into their FAST My Account to submit the application.
A Coaches Educational Incentive Program has been approved by the Board of Directors of Connecticut Swimming, which will provide educational grants for Connecticut Swimming coaches who participate in CSI activities and events. Four (4) grants to a maximum of $500 each, ($2000 in total), will be provided each year to eligible CSI registered coaches. Coaches will be selected to receive CSI Educational Grants based upon a pre-established Point System (see below) and other established criteria. At the end of each fiscal year, eligible coaches will be required to complete and forward to Connecticut Swimming an Application for an Educational Grant. Coaches will provide on this application a complete listing of all activities and events in which he/she participated in the fiscal year September 1 to August 31.
Grants, which are available for a period of one year from the date the selection is made, may only be used to cover and/or defray the cost of educational activities (i.e, expenses relating to attendance at clinics – registration fee, transportation, and hotel or educational materials – videos, manuals, books, etc.). Expenses for such shall be paid directly by Connecticut Swimming to the supplier or service. In no event may a coach apply CSI grant dollars for expenses reimbursed by the coach's club, by Connecticut Swimming or by any other party or for expenses related to entertainment, meals or car rental. Connecticut Swimming further reserves the right to approve the use of all grants. In the event that more than four (4) coaches achieve the same number of points in a given fiscal year, the grant(s) shall be evenly divided. In no event may a coach be entitled to a CSI educational grant in two consecutive years.
- 1 Point: Attendance at a coaching clinic/seminar (e.g., CSI Coaches Clinic, ASCA Eastern States Clinic, etc.)
- 1 Point: Attendance at regularly scheduled meetings of Connecticut Swimming, Inc. (excluding attendance at committee meetings which you chair or which you are required to attend) Maximum: 8 points
- 2 Points: Volunteer work involving the sport of swimming (e.g., Special Olympics, Games)
- 3 Points: Blue Ribbon Camp Coach
- 3 Points: Connecticut Swimming Racing Camp Coach
- 4 Points: Zone Team Coach
- 4 Points: National Age Group Camp Coach
- 4 Points: Senior Elite Training Camp Coach
- 5 Points: CSI Committee Chairman or Elected Officer (must attend 75% of all required CSI meetings)
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Coach Education Grant Recipients
Full award: Dennis Flores; Jen Lyman; and Dan Mascolo
Partial award due to 3-way tie: Emmanuel Lanzo; Kevin Quill; Kaeley Steinnagel