Clinic and Camps
2023 Eastern Zone Diversity Camp
- Date: June 8-11
- Location: University of Maryland at Baltimore County
- Deadline to apply: March 31st, 5pm MST
- Application and information
2023 Eastern Zone Leadership Retreat
- Dates: June 22-25, 2023
- Location: Colby College, Maine
- Sponsored: Eastern Zone and Maine Swimming
- CT Swim Application to attend
- You will need to create or login to your FAST personal account to access the application
- Open to 16/overs and swimmer entering their sophomore year in the Fall of 2023
- Criteria information and selection process is listed on the application
- Retreat registration cost is covered by CT Swim for chosen attendees
- Participants will need to pay for all travel costs and expenses involved with traveling to and from retreat.
- Deadline to apply: March 31st - 11:59pm
- Attendees posted: April 7, 2023 - 5:00p
- Information Link
- Workshop Topics
- Questions can be directed to the Central Office, email@example.com
2023 USA Swimming National Diversity Select Camp
Applications are not being accepted for the 2023 USAS National Diversity Select Camp
- Deadline past
2022 Regional Diversity Select Camp June 2-5, University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
Congratulations to the following CT swimmers and coach for their selection to the EZ Diversity Select Camp!!! The camp will take place June 9-12, at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Lily Archibald - RAC
- Jacob Lin - NMEG
- Elizabeth Nguyen - RAC
- Jun Wong - LEHY
- Brittany Daniel, Coach - PSDY
Diversity Camp Page
Applications can be accessed out here: RDSC Athlete Application (usaswimming.org) Or for more information go to https://www.usaswimming.
2022 USA Swimming National Diversity Select Camp
Read about the awesome experience the camp offered from three of the CT Swimmers who attended. Click on the swimmer's name below.
Congratulations to the following CT Swim athletes. They were chosen for the 2022 USA Swimming's National Diversity Select Camp that took place this past weekend at the USA Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I heard it was an awesome experience. More of a detailed write-up coming soon.
- Flores, Kristopher - ZEUS
- Olasewere, Ayaan - CPAC
- Olaswere, Annam - CPAC
2019 Eastern Zone Diversity Select Camp and Regional Diversity & Inclusion Summit
CSI athletes Hethon Foster (SYS), Brielle Gold (SSAC), Ellis Rivera (WWRX), Julia Rosado (SOCO), and Leila Sofiane (CDOG) attended the recent Eastern Zone Diversity Select Camp with coaches Dennis Flores, ZEUS, and Emmanuel Lanzo, RAC. The swimmers participated in 5 long course practices and had classroom opportunities to learn about themselves, work on visualization, team work, goal setting, and how to stay on the USA Swimming National track.
The select camp was held June 6-9, 2019 at the University of Maryland.
Site: University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland.
Dates: June 6-9, 2019. Athletes will arrive on Thursday and depart on Sunday morning.
Purpose: Instill a vision of success and inspire athletes from ethnically under-represented populations to become leaders in the sport of swimming.
Assistant Coach Application Link
Deadline: Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Friday, April 5th.
Contact: Dennis Flores, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
About the Diversity Select Camp and Regional Diversity and Inclusion Summit (Download a PDF)
The Eastern Zone will host its 5th Diversity Select Camp and Regional Diversity and Inclusion Summit in an effort to identify emerging young diverse athletes from under-represented populations in the sport. LSC Chairs and Coaches from each LSC can offer them a unique motivational and educational experience. Participants from the various LSCs that comprise the Eastern Zone will participate in a three-day program, which includes pool training, motivational, and education sessions and team-building activities.
Empower athletes from ethnically under represented populations and their coaches to:
- Demonstrate the viability of multicultural success in swimming within their local LSC
- Achieve performance excellence throughout the sport
- Introduce the benefits and value of participating in the sport of swimming
- Develop positive leaders and role models that others from multicultural backgrounds can emulate
- Connect, network and promote the virtues of the sport of swimming through a comprehensive strategy involving the athletes, coaches and LSC Diversity Chairs in their own local LSCs and throughout the Eastern Zone.
Attendees and Schedule
USA & Eastern Zone Swimming invites up to 48 athletes ages 13 – 16 years old (male and female) from the Eastern Zone LSCs from underrepresented populations to participate in a three-day camp program which includes pool training, motivational and education sessions, and team-building activities. Selection is based on times swum at USA Swimming sanctioned events.
Dates and Location
The camp will be held at the University at Maryland and neighboring facilities. Athletes, coaches, D & I Chairs and other attendees will be housed in university dorms. We will have Long Course sessions for the June 6 – 9th swimmer participants. Meals will be provided on-site by the school or by a local national catering company. Athletes will arrive Thursday (June 6) late afternoon/ evening and depart Sunday (June 9th) morning.
- Four (4) athletes from each of the 12 Eastern Zone LSCs
- At least one (1) athlete should be an Outreach Member
- LSC Diversity Chair/Coordinator Dennis Flores
- At least (1) Coach from each LSC
Recommendations/Selection Process for the Eastern Zone Diversity Select Camp Athlete Participants (Download a PDF)
The applications for athletes and camp staff will close Friday, April 5, 2019 at 5 pm EST.
USA Swimming will select the camp staff. The LSC Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Chair(s) and their committees will select the athletes. The LSC will receive the roster of athletes that have applied by Saturday, April 6. Each LSC D&I Chair and committee can select up to 4 athletes to represent the LSC at the camp. Additionally, please submit the 1st and 2nd alternates in case a roster spot needs to be filled. USA Swimming does not set the selection criteria for your athletes. However, USA Swimming does make the following recommendations:
1) a minimum of two LSC Championship qualifying times and/or
2) a Minimum of 3 BB times
LSCs in the Eastern Zone are also using the following benchmarks:
1) IMX scores
2) Power Points
Once athletes have been selected, LSCs will follow this procedure:
1) Select your top 3 athletes by Monday, April 8th.
2) Inform athletes via e-mail they have been selected and request their attendance confirmation via e-mail by Tuesday, April 10th.
3) If your selected athletes(s) cannot attend, move through your alternates until you have three confirmed athletes.
4) Submit up to four athletes and 2 alternates in the same format as it will appear in the spreadsheet you will receive to the Zone Diversity Coordinator – Nadine J.-Jesionek . Your selections need to be to her by 5 pm Eastern on Thursday, April 11th.
The LSC D&I Chairs and their committees will select the Coach or LSC Representative other than the D & I Chair who will be attending. USA Swimming will be sending out a registration form or link for this individual to collect required information on all attendees.
2018 Open Water Camp
UPDATE: The age groups will be combined into 1 session beginning at 5:30pm. Please arrive 15 minutes in advance for registration.
Date: Friday, June 1, 2018
Location: Paradise Country Club, 83 Hill Street, Hamden, CT
Time: 5:30-6:30pm (10&Unders); 6:30-7:30pm (11 & Overs) Please show up 15 min prior to the start time.
Cost: $25 per person
Format: This is a Level II USA Swimming sanctioned camp. The camp will cover basic strategies and skills on how to participate and race in a open water event.
Having trouble creating a FAST My Account?
- The validation problem is usually the street name. Do not use full or abbreviated versions of St., Rd, Ln, etc. For example, 123 Main St, would be Main. If you have moved and think your club didn't submit your new address, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For birthday, use the mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy.
2018 Elite High Altitude Training Camp
This camp has concluded.
This is a Connecticut Swimming (CSI) and USA Swimming sanctioned clinic.
Mandatory Meeting: There is a mandatory meeting regarding the OTC Elite High Altitude Training Camp on Monday, March 12 at 7:30 p.m. At this meeting you will be filling out required paperwork, meet the coaches/staff, and we will go over travel itinerary. We will also go over rules and regulations that the OTC, USA & CT Swimming, will have during your stay and travel. The meeting will be held at: High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Street, Orange, CT 06477, 7:30 p.m., If anyone can not attend they must contact Jen Lyman at email@example.com.
UPDATE 01.25.18: The deadline for the Coach Application has changed to February 7 in order to meet the Olympic Training Center roster deadline. The coaches/staff will be announced no later than February 9. The application is posted to every coach's FAST My Account. Instructions for opening a My Account.
UPDATE 01.24.18: Due to a cancelled registrant there is now an opening for 1 female athlete to attend the camp. This slot is open to female athletes list on the Top 12 or Top 16 list and is first-come-first-serve. The list of attendees is posted here.
UPDATE 01.22.18 at 8 AM: The camp has filled and no further applications will be taken at this time. A final list of selected athletes will be posted by noon tomorrow. As of 01.23.18 there is 1 slot available for a female athlete and 1 slot available for a male athlete. This is due to room limitations imposed by the Olympic Training Center. These slots are available on a first-come-first-serve basis until the deadline, 11:59 pm, January 31. These slots are open to invitees from the TOP 16 list.
UPDATE: As of 01.22.18 the Coach Application has opened for the Elite High Altitude Training Camp. The application deadline is February 27, 2018. The coaches/staff will be announced no later then March 11. The application is posted to every coach's FAST My Account. Instructions for opening a My Account.
REVISED and UPDATED: As of 01.22.18, there is 1 slot available for a female athlete and 1 slot available for a male athlete. This is due to room limitations imposed by the Olympic Training Center. These slots are available on a first-come-first-serve basis until the deadline, 11:59 pm, January 22. If the TOP 12 invitees do not fill these slots, the camp will open at 7 AM, January 23, to a new set of invitees from the TOP 16 list and again first-come-first-serve until the camp fills.
UPDATE: As of 01.16.18, there are 6 slots available on a first-come-first-serve basis. If the TOP 12 invitees do not fill these slots, the camp will open to a new set of invitees from the TOP 16 list and again first-come-first-serve until the camp fills.
Objective: The objective of this CSI Camp, is to motivate, educate, and train some of the very best swimmers within our LSC.
Goals that relate to the objective:
- Provide an educational experience for each participating swimmer.
- To educate participants on the history and heroes of USA Swimming.
- Improvement of swimmer’s self-image.
- Promote LSC unity by camp participants.
- Retention of athletes.
- The transfer of information back to the swimmer's home club.
Site: U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, CO.
Dates: April 11-17, 2018. Athletes will arrive on Wednesday afternoon and depart on Tuesday morning. (Dates subject to change based on the OTC master schedule.)
Number of Athletes: Maximum of 40 swimmers (spot reserved based on date of deposit).
Age: 13 – 19 years old at time of camp (12th grade or younger).
Eligibility: CT selected USA Swimming athlete members.
Qualification Standards/Selection Criteria: On September 1, 2017, the top 12 swimmers in each SENIOR LCM event from the Connecticut FAST database (date range of: 03/01/16-09/01/17) will be selected and invited. If needed we will expand the invited to the top 16 swimmers in order to fill the camp.
Camp Schedule: The 7-day camp program will include a combination of pool training, motivational and education sessions, and team building activities.
Sample Topics for Athletes: Physiological basis for post race recovery; drug and supplement education; safe sport; practical psychological training skills; nutrition; race strategy and race analysis (subject to change at anytime).
Accommodations: The campers will be housed in shared room dormitories at OTC.
Meals and Snacks: Campers will be provided breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at the OTC. The cost of all meals and snacks is included in the cost of the camp.
Cost: The total cost of the trip including airfare will be $795. CSI will reimburse up to 40% in travel expenses at the completion of the attended camp. A mandatory non-refundable deposit of $350 will be due on Monday, January 22, 2018. The deposit will secure the spot of the attendee until the remaining $445 balance due date Monday February 26, 2018. If balance is not received on the balance due date the attendee will relinquish his/her spot at this camp.
Camp Staff: The camp staff will be selected from accomplished candidates from CT and include a head coach, at least 4 assistant coaches, and a manager. The ratio of coaches to swimmers is 1/10.
- Monday, January 22, 2018, $350 non-refundable deposit is due.
- Monday, February 26, 2018, $445 balance is due.
Camp Registration: Applications are posted to swimmer and parent My Account dashboards.