Athlete Representatives and Athlete-At-Large Board of Directors Members
- Sam Enes, BULL, Senior Athlete Representative, 2021-2023
- Madison Winslow, WYW, Junior Athlete Representative, 2022-2024
- Andrew Berkowitz, WRAT, Athlete-At-Large, 2022-2024
- Kelci Haley, CPAC, Athlete-At-Large, 2021-2023
- Elliot Lee, BULL, Athlete-At-Large, 2022-2024
- Lorenzo Zullo, ZEUS, Athlete-At-Large, 2021-2023
2022 Junior Athlete Representative Election March 30-April 15, 2022
CONGRATULATIONS TO Madison Winslow - WYW, she will be the next Junior Athlete's Representative.
- Andrew Berkowitz - WRAT
- Peyton Foster - CPAC
- Elliot Lee - BULL
- Chase J Shapiro - WRAT
- Madison Winslow - WYW
Voter Eligibility (All criteria must be met.)
- CT Swimming athlete membership must be current and in good-standing, and
- 13 years or older
- Must be an athlete casting their ballot; a parent/guardian CANNOT vote on behalf of their child.
Ballots will be posted March 30-April 15 to the FAST Swimmer My Account dashboard. (Instructions)
2022 Junior Athlete Representative Nominations
The Athlete Representatives are seeking nominations for the position of Junior Athlete Representative. Two (2) Athlete Representatives serve on CSI's Board of Directors and one (1) is elected each year for a two-year term. The first-year term is served as the Junior Athlete Representative and the second-year term is served as the Senior Athlete Representative. Along with the Junior and Senior Athlete Representatives an additional four (4) Athlete At-Large members serve on the Board of Directors. Athletes interested in running for Junior Athlete Representative should read the Athlete Representative Responsibilities below and submit the Athlete Representative Nomination form. The deadline to submit a nomination is March 21, 2022. The online election will be held March 30- April 15, 2022. Athletes must be 13 or older to cast a vote.
Contact: Email Athlete Representatives
Basic Rules and Requirements:
*Note regarding Athlete Representatives and Athlete At-Large Board members: Effective with the January 1, 2020 Bylaws, USA Swimming limits the number of Athlete Representatives serving on the CSI Board of Directors to two (2) athletes. Additionally, a sufficient number of athlete members shall be appointed by the General Chair as At-Large Board Members such that athletes constitute at least twenty percent (20%) of the voting membership of the Board of Directors at any given time (taking into account the Athlete Representatives). The Athlete At-Large Board Members shall meet the same requirements as the Athlete Representatives set forth in Section 6.2.1. All At-Large Board Members shall hold office from the date of their appointment through the conclusion of the second annual meeting of the House of Delegates following such appointment, or until their successors are appointed.
Athlete Representative Responsibilities
Responsibilities (Approved at CSI Board of Directors Meeting 01/21/97)
- The Athlete Representative shall serve a two-year term on the Connecticut Swimming Inc. Board of Directors as a liaison between the athletes who are members of CSI and the Board of Directors and House of Delegates. First year representatives serve as Junior Representative; second year as Senior Representative.
- The Senior Athlete Representative shall chair the Athletes Committee.
- The Senior Athlete Representative shall have general charge of the business, affairs and property of the Athletes' Committee which shall be responsible for and undertake activities (a) delegated to it by the Board of Directors or the General Chairman or (b) undertaken by the committee as being in the best interests of the Athlete Members, CSI, USA Swimming and the sport of swimming.
- The Athlete Representative must attend House of Delegates, Board of Directors, Program Development, and Budget meetings. The Athlete Representative should make herself/himself available for any CSI-sponsored camps/workshops.
- The Athlete Representative may be eligible to attend the USA Swimming Annual Convention held each fall provided he/she meets the following requirements: 75% attendance of CSI Board of Directors meetings, or a combination of Board meetings and CSI-sponsored camps/workshops equivalent to the minimum attendance requirement of CSI delegates/representatives to the USA Swimming National Convention.
Athlete Representative Eligibility (CSI Bylaws 6.2.1)
Two (2) Athlete Representatives shall be elected, one each year for a two-year term, or until their respective successors are elected. At the time of election, the Athlete Representative must
- be an athlete member in good standing;
- be at least a sophomore in high school or at least 16 years of age,
- be currently competing, or have competed within the three (3) immediately preceding years, in the program of swimming conducted by CSI or another LSC; and
- have his or her place of permanent residence in the Territory or in the contiguous territory of another LSC and expect to reside therein throughout at least the first half of the term (other than periods of enrollment in an institution of higher education).
- No more than one (1) athlete member of any Club Member shall serve as an Athlete Representative at any time.
Athlete Election Procedures (Approved at CSI Board of Directors Meeting February 17, 2011.)
Pursuant to Article 6.2.1 of the Bylaws of Connecticut Swimming, Inc. (CSI), the Board of Directors hereby approves the following Athlete Election Procedures to elect the Athlete Representatives:
- Balloting shall take place via electronic vote and/or at a meeting called for that purpose by the Senior Athlete Representative or the Athletes Committee, or failing that, at a time and in a manner designated by the Board of Directors. At least twenty (20) days’ written notice of the election shall be given to all clubs.
- All Athlete Members, in good standing with CSI, who have attained the age of thirteen years (13) may vote one (1) time at either Seniors or Age Groups or online. A record of who has voted shall be maintained by the Senior Athlete Representative. (It is contemplated that once the swimmer's vote is made, their name will be crossed off a master list and cannot vote again.)
- Elections may be held at the Short Course CSI Senior Championships (Seniors) and the Short Course CSI Age Group Championships (Age Groups).
- A parent volunteer assigned by the applicable meet director or his/her designee (not affiliated with the club of any of the nominees) will monitor the election box until it is closed on the final day the later of Seniors or Age Groups.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Senior Athlete Representative to ensure adequate announcement of the election and election process before and during the election process.
- The Senior Athlete Representative shall be responsible for counting the votes in conjunction with the Senior Coaches Representatives following the final session of Seniors or Age Groups.
- Results of the Athlete Election shall be posted on the CSI website after notification to the individuals elected.
- In the event the Senior Athlete Representative is a nominee for election, an independent person selected by the General Chair shall serve in the role of Senior Athlete Representative hereunder.
Two (2) Athlete Representatives shall be elected, one each year for a two-year term, or until their respective successors are elected. At the time of election, the Athlete Representative must (a) be an athlete member in good standing; (b) be at least a sophomore in high school or at least 16 years of age, (c) be currently competing, or have competed within the three (3) immediately preceding years, in the program of swimming conducted by CSI or another LSC; and (d) have his or her place of permanent residence in the Territory or in the contiguous territory of another LSC and expect to reside therein throughout at least the first half of the term (other than periods of enrollment in an institution of higher education). Balloting shall take place via electronic vote and/or at a meeting called for that purpose by the Senior Athlete Representative or the Athletes Committee, or failing that, at a time and in a manner designated by the Board of Directors. At least twenty (20) days’ written notice of the election shall be given to all clubs. The Athlete Representatives elected shall be determined by a majority of the Athlete Members in good standing present and voting who are thirteen (13) years of age or older.