Dave Pite, Officials Chair
Mandatory MAAPP Pre meet session briefing
Prior to all meet sessions this briefing should be handed out or read
Concussion Protocol Training
Concussion Protocol Training - This requirement is new for all coaches and officials in 2020. USA Swimming will now require all coaches and officials complete Concussion Protocol Training by January 1, 2020.
- Courses from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), as well as individual states’ required courses will satisfy the USA Swimming requirement. Therefore, if you are a high school coach, you may have already completed the NFHS training.
- For USA Swimming membership, coaches and officials must successfully complete concussion and head injury education at least once. Courses may be accessed at
- This requirement is necessary to avoid personal liability for concussion/head strike incidents, ensuring our insurers will continue to provide liability insurance protection to USA Swimming, coaches, officials and clubs. Please direct questions about Concussion Protocol Training to George Ward at email@example.com.
12/U Tech Suit Ban Information for Referees
Annual Officials Meeting
Time: 8:00AM Buffet breakfast and Social
Start Time: 9:00AM
Location: Milford Yacht Club 131 Trumbull Ave, Milford, CT 06460
RSVP: Application can be found in your Officials account with CT Swim, RSVP in advance to attend required.
This meeting fulfills the clinic requirement for recertification! But you must RSVP to attend.
(NOTE: this meeting is not used as new advancement clinics)
- How to Join USA Swimming
- My Account: Go here for secure access to applications, forms, and various CSI programs. Instructions. Note: My Accounts for an Official and a Parent cannot share the same password. The email address may be shared between the 2 accounts but the password may not.
CSI Officials Database and List (Connecticut FAST)
Tips by Function
- Stroke & Turn
- Administrative Official
- Chief Judge
USA Swimming Rules and Regulations
- 2020 Rulebook
- Differences Between FINA, USA-S, NCAA, NFHS and YMCA Swimming Rules
- Deck Changing
USA Swimming Officials Committee
- Uniforms Vendor. If prompted for a password enter "csi" without quotes.
- USA Swimming uniforms
- Name Tag: The cost of the name tag is $5.95, no tax, no shipping. Order from Hasty Awards online. Officials may order 1 or more personalized name tags online shipped to a home address. These tags can save shirt embroidery costs and may be worn on special meet shirts in other LSCs. The only color option available for purchase is white with blue type. The tags are magnetic (not pins) to protect shirts. Please note: there are special color name tags that are awarded annually for years of service that are not available for purchase but are given out by the officials committee. If you are a starter or referee and have over 5 years service and have not received your name tag please contact the Officials Chair.
- Red - 5 year Starter
- Blue - 5 year Referee
- Silver - 10 year Starter or Referee
- Officials Patch: USA Swimming/Connecticut Swimming Officials patches may be ordered for $3.50 each. . To order a patch, please send a check payable to CT Swimming and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
- Clarification of Breaststroke rule 101.2.3 is posted.
- Breaststroke rule change 101.2.3
- Catch the Wave - Time for all officials to re-certify for 2015.
- Officials Import from OTS to Hytek
- Officials Info Session for Clubs The Connecticut Swimming Officials' Committee is launching an initiative to make one or more officials available to teams to attend practices or a special session. This new service is available starting this fall. We hope this will help athletes, especially the younger kids, to learn more about officials to make it easier for them at meets, to be more at ease and confident.
- Meet Evaluation Form
Instructions and Guides
- USA Swimming swimsuit modesty rule clarification
- USA Swimming Officials Tracking System
- Instructions for USA Swimming's Officials Tracking System (OTS)
- Computer Operator Best Practice Guides by Rick LaFrenierre: CSI volunteer Rick LaFrenierre has written a "wing-to-wing" Hytek MM user manual, Hytek MM Manual for Computer Operators (at the meet) and Timing Correction Procedures. Also, posted are Excel spreadsheets (with and without formulas) for calculating timing corrections that Hytek MM software does not handle. Computer Operators and Meet Directors running USA/CSI sanctioned or approved meet are obligated to run meets by USA Swimming rules. These rules include timing and timing corrections specific to lane and heat timing malfunctions. Host clubs are encouraged to download and review these materials. Please feel free to contact Rick LaFrenierre with any questions.