Ken Gray, Officials Chair
Annual Officials Meeting
Time: Morning 8am check in & breakfast
Location: Milford Yacht Club, 131 Trumbull Ave, Milford CT 06460
RSVP: Link to sign-up page
(NOTE: this meeting is not used as new advancement clinics)
- How to Join USA Swimming
- My Account: Go here for secure access to applications, forms, and various CSI programs. Instructions. Note: My Accounts for an Official and a Parent cannot share the same password. The email address may be shared between the 2 accounts but the password may not.
CSI Officials Database and List (Connecticut FAST)
Tips by Function
- Stroke & Turn
- Administrative Official
- Chief Judge
USA Swimming Rules and Regulations
- 2015 Rulebook
- Differences Between FINA, USA-S, NCAA, NFHS and YMCA Swimming Rules
- Deck Changing
USA Swimming Officials Committee
- Uniforms Vendor. If prompted for a password enter "csi" without quotes.
- USA Swimming uniforms
- Name Tag: The cost of the name tag is $5.95, no tax, no shipping. Order from Hasty Awards online. Officials may order 1 or more personalized name tags online shipped to a home address. These tags can save shirt embroidery costs and may be worn on special meet shirts in other LSCs. The only color option available for purchase is white with blue type. The tags are magnetic (not pins) to protect shirts. Please note: there are special color name tags that are awarded annually for years of service that are not available for purchase but are given out by the officials committee. If you are a starter or referee and have over 5 years service and have not received your name tag please contact the Officials Chair.
- Red - 5 year Starter
- Blue - 5 year Referee
- Silver - 10 year Starter or Referee
- Officials Patch: USA Swimming/Connecticut Swimming Officials patches may be ordered for $3.50 each. . To order a patch, please send a check payable to CT Swimming and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
- Clarification of Breaststroke rule 101.2.3 is posted.
- Breaststroke rule change 101.2.3
- Catch the Wave - Time for all officials to re-certify for 2015.
- Officials Import from OTS to Hytek
- Officials Info Session for Clubs The Connecticut Swimming Officials' Committee is launching an initiative to make one or more officials available to teams to attend practices or a special session. This new service is available starting this fall. We hope this will help athletes, especially the younger kids, to learn more about officials to make it easier for them at meets, to be more at ease and confident.
- Meet Evaluation Form
Instructions and Guides
- USA Swimming Officials Tracking System
- Instructions for USA Swimming's Officials Tracking System (OTS)
- Computer Operator Best Practice Guides by Rick LaFrenierre: CSI volunteer Rick LaFrenierre has written a "wing-to-wing" Hytek MM user manual, Hytek MM Manual for Computer Operators (at the meet) and Timing Correction Procedures. Also, posted are Excel spreadsheets (with and without formulas) for calculating timing corrections that Hytek MM software does not handle. Computer Operators and Meet Directors running USA/CSI sanctioned or approved meet are obligated to run meets by USA Swimming rules. These rules include timing and timing corrections specific to lane and heat timing malfunctions. Host clubs are encouraged to download and review these materials. Please feel free to contact Rick LaFrenierre with any questions.