Open Water Championship
The Dave Parcells Open Water Festival, June 30, 2018
Hosted by Shoreline Aquatic Club. Jen Lyman, Meet Director
Eastern Zone Open Water Championship - 5K and 2K
CT Swimming Open Water Championship - 2K
Mini Mile - Open Water Developmental 500 yard
Open Water Single Meet Membership Application - The completed application must be emailed to the meet director at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the day of the meet. NO ON-SITE OR SAME DAY MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION WILL BE PERMITTED!
CORRECTIONS posted June 26: Looking forward to race day! We have over 60 teams participating representing close to 15 LSCs. There are 465 swimmers entered to compete on Saturday and with that please see below some highlights from the meet announcement. Also please find attached the Entry List. Let the meet director know by Thursday, June 28th if there are any issues. Registration has CLOSED. If payment hasn't already been mailed out please bring it to race day and hand it into one of the registration tables. Psych sheets, Light concessions, and vintage t-shirts will be available for purchase on race day.
Please remind parents, spectator’s and supporters: Meet Management may restrict access to specific competition areas, including the start, competition course, and finish areas. Only athletes, coaches, officials, and official meet staff actively participating in the meet shall be permitted in these areas. All coaches must present a valid USA Swimming coach card to the Meet Director prior to the commencement of any sanctioned swim meet, and must have this card with them to enter restricted areas of the race venue. EZ-Up Tents and chairs allowed in grass areas by the pavilion.
Highlights from meet announcement (Corrections are bolded.):
- Registration Check-In will open at 6:00am for 5K participants and close at 7:10 for 5K participants.
- Pre-Race Meeting will be for 5K participants ONLY. The meeting will happen at 7:00am on the beach near the starting area.
- 2K and Mini Mile REQUIRE REGISTRATION Check-In NO later then 8:45am
- Warm-up will be available on the portion of the race course closest to the finish area. Between 6:00am-7:20am ONLY.
- Quassy Amusement Park Discounted ride ticket code: SWIM2018
- This is an open water freshwater lake swim. The weather and water conditions are unpredictable; please use good judgement if you are uncertain about swimming in open water. The course is set; however, the race committee reserves the right to change the configuration and/or direction of each event due to race day conditions. The details of race with landmarks are attached. Any questions about the course will be addressed at the pre-race meeting under the pavilion at 7:00am.
- All swimmers who do not complete the course during the allotted time limit may be asked to retire from the race. Swimmers must finish within approximately 30 mins. of the first finisher for the 2K and 5K.
- NO ON-SITE OR SAME DAY MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION WILL BE PERMITTED
- Meet Referee: David Heller,
- Volunteer Open Water Officials are welcome and encouraged to officiate. To sign-up please visit:
Reminder: ALL RACES REQUIRE REGISTRATION CHECK-IN BY 7:30am
Pre-Race Meeting for ALL races with be under the pavilion at 7:00am
Revised Race Schedule
(subject to change regarding local conditions)
5K Championship (Eastern Zone Junior and National Selection Event)
Wave 1: 7:30am - Males 16 & Over
Wave 2: 7:35am - Females 16 & Over
Wave 3: 7:40am - Males 11 to 15
Wave 4: 7:45am - Females 11 to 15
Approximate times below we will start once the 5k is completed
Wave 1: 9:30am - Females 12 & Under
Wave 2: 9:35am - Males 12 & Under
2K EZ Championship and CT Championship
Approximate times below we will start one the Mini Mile is completed
Wave 1: 10:00am - Male Ages 15-29
Wave 2: 10:05am - Female Ages 15-29
Wave 3: 10:10am - Male Ages 11-14
Wave 4: 10:15 am - Female Ages 13-14
Wave 5: 10:20 am - Female Ages 11-12
Wave 6: 10:25 am- Male & Female Ages 30 +