Officials Membership and Registration
Officials with questions regarding membership and registration should contact their club's CSI Registar. Officials with question regarding official certifications should contact Dave Pite, Officials Chair.
The registration fee is $75.00 per individual. Please note that USA Swimming has discontinued the non-athlete family membership; all applicants must pay the $75 individual registration fee. Once both the payment and the application are received, your application will be processed and you will receive an automated email with your USA Swimming ID number. Officials that wish to compete in USA Swimming meets must register separately as athletes; no additional fee is required. USA Swimming Background Check is required and is at member's expense. Officials complete the Level II Background Check.
Athlete Protection Training - In response to member feedback, beginning September 1, 2019, you may notice the next time you log in that the three courses of the Athlete Protection Training have been streamlined into one. The training course continues to be produced by the U.S. Center for SafeSport and must be completed annually with a renewal date one year from the completion date. All adult athlete and non-athlete members must complete this training. This includes coaches, officials, Junior Coaches and anyone authorized to have regular contact with or authority over a minor athlete. Please direct questions about the Athlete Protection Training to email@example.com. Please note: The APT used to be renewed every 2 years, and everyone expired 12/31. When USA Swimming transitioned to the U.S. Center for SafeSport course content in February, 2019 to comply with a federal mandate, they affirmed that existing expirations for our non-athlete members would be honored, and the next time they took the APT, they would adopt the new annual rules. If your APT was completed just prior to the conversion to annual renewal, your APT expiration date may extend longer than a year.
Concussion Protocol Training - This requirement is new for all coaches and officials in 2020. USA Swimming will now require all coaches and officials complete Concussion Protocol Training by January 1, 2020.
- Courses from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), as well as individual states’ required courses will satisfy the USA Swimming requirement. Therefore, if you are a high school coach, you may have already completed the NFHS training.
- For USA Swimming membership, coaches and officials must successfully complete concussion and head injury education at least once. Courses may be accessed at
- This requirement is necessary to avoid personal liability for concussion/head strike incidents, ensuring our insurers will continue to provide liability insurance protection to USA Swimming, coaches, officials and clubs. Please direct questions about Concussion Protocol Training to George Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership/Registration: Each year officials apply for USA Swimming membership through CSI's website. Conditions of USA Swimming membership are: USA Swimming background check and Athlete Protection Test. Both items must be completed and passed. Officials' certifications and training are handled separately.
- New members to USA Swimming should complete the CSI online USA Swimming Non-Athlete Application and click "Submit."
- Renewing members to USA Swimming must login into their Connecticut FAST Officials My Account and complete CSI online USA Swimming Non-Athlete RENEWAL Application.
- You will be automatically routed to the Connecticut Swimming credit card payment site, or provided the opportunity to describe an alternate payment method. When paying by credit card, you will receive an email confirmation of payment. When paying by credit card, you will receive an email confirmation of payment. Please keep this for your records.
- If you wish to pay by check please mail a check payable to CT Swimming to your CSI Registrar. Please note that CSI Registrars are volunteers and their street addresses are not published on this website. Please email your CSI Registrar and request their mailing address. Write on the check memo "USA Swimming registration" and the date you completed the online application.
- You will not be registered until both the application and payment are received. Please allow one business day for your application to be processed.
- For new applicants: After you have received email confirmation, initiate the USA Swimming background check and complete USA Swimming Athlete Protection Test
- For renewing members: If your background check expires in the next few months or has expired, complete the USA Swimming background check.
- Allow up to 3-4 weeks for the background check to clear.
- No handwritten applications will be accepted.
New Officials: Read Certification Requirements and Procedures for New Officials