- All athlete registrations are processed thru SWIMS 3.0 or thru your Team's Bul renewal process. Check in with your respective Team for a registration link.
- Outreach is not vetted thru the Clubs. Anyone registering as Outreach MUST send proof to the Club administrator.
- Note when processing a registration via SWIMS 3.0 for Outreach, the price will change at checkout.
- Check the MEMBERSHIP PAGE for more details.
Athletes currently receiving U.S. Government Federal or State of CT aid may qualify for the Outreach Membership. Outreach Membership allows an athlete to join USA Swimming at the reduced fee of $5.00 with no additional fee to CT Swimming. In order to register as an Outreach athlete member, proof of aid must be obtained and submitted to CSI. Verification of eligibility must be renewed with each membership application. The following programs can be used to determine outreach membership eligibility:
- Federal food stamp program (SNAP)
- Federal housing documentation (GOV)
- WIC Program (Women, Infant and Children Federal Nutrition Program)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (previously AFDC)
- Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- Medicaid Medical Card
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) l. Emergency Assistance
- Federal Poverty Schedule (Federal poverty guidelines used to determine financial eligibility for certain federal programs.)
- Letters certifying that the athlete is a recipient of one of the above requirements will be accepted. The registrars reserve the right to request further documentation if necessary.
Outreach Member Meet Entry Fees
Meet entry fees (individual event splash fees) for CSI sanctioned/approved meets including CSI Championships are waived for Outreach athletes. These fees may be reimbursed by CSI to the Outreach member's club or club contact after completion of the meet by completing a Outreach Meet Fee Reimbursement Program request. Scratches and ‘No Swims’ will not be reimbursed. Clubs seeking reimbursement for Outreach entry fees may not at any time collect these fees from Outreach families. Clubs may be asked to show a receipt for meet entry fees paid to the meet host. CSI reimbursement is contingent upon adequate funding of the CSI Outreach Fund.
Coaches/Club Contacts will submit a request for reimbursement to CSI by April 15 for short course season meets and August 15 for long course season meets.
Outreach athletes entering meets independently of a club may contact Henk Jansen, CSI Administrator, for instructions.
For questions about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, please contact Dennis Flores, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Coordinator.