Officials Membership and Registration
Officials with questions regarding membership and registration should contact their club's CSI Registar. Officials with question regarding official certifications should contact Ken Gray, Officials Chair.
The registration fee is $75.00 per individual. Please note that USA Swimming has discontinued the non-athlete family membership; all applicants must pay the $75 individual registration fee. Once both the payment and the application are received, your application will be processed and you will receive an automated email with your USA Swimming ID number. Officials that wish to compete in USA Swimming meets must register separately as athletes; no additional fee is required. USA Swimming Background Check is required and is at member's expense. Officials complete the Level II Background Check.
Athlete Protection Test: All non-athlete members of USA Swimming will be required to complete the Athlete Protection Test (APT) as a condition of membership. You MUST register before proceeding with the APT, as you will need your USA Swimming ID number. Your APT will expire every 2 years on December 31.
New for 2019: Concussion Protocol Training Certificate - This is not yet required by either USA Swimming or the State of Connecticut, but officials are encouraged to take the training and submit their certificates for input into the national database so that it will show up on Deck Pass. This certification is required by other LSCs, such as California, and as such would be required in order to be on deck in those locations. For more information, see here.
Membership/Registration: Each year officials apply for USA Swimming membership through CSI's website. Conditions of USA Swimming membership are: USA Swimming background check and Athlete Protection Test. Both items must be completed and passed. Officials' certifications and training are handled separately.
- New members to USA Swimming should complete the CSI online USA Swimming Non-Athlete Application and click "Submit."
- Renewing members to USA Swimming must login into their Connecticut FAST Officials My Account and complete CSI online USA Swimming Non-Athlete RENEWAL Application.
- You will be automatically routed to the Connecticut Swimming credit card payment site, or provided the opportunity to describe an alternate payment method. When paying by credit card, you will receive an email confirmation of payment. When paying by credit card, you will receive an email confirmation of payment. Please keep this for your records.
- If you wish to pay by check please mail a check payable to CT Swimming to your CSI Registrar. Please note that CSI Registrars are volunteers and their street addresses are not published on this website. Please email your CSI Registrar and request their mailing address. Write on the check memo "USA Swimming registration" and the date you completed the online application.
- You will not be registered until both the application and payment are received. Please allow one business day for your application to be processed.
- For new applicants: After you have received email confirmation, initiate the USA Swimming background check and complete USA Swimming Athlete Protection Test.
- For renewing members: If your background check expires in the next few months or has expired, complete the USA Swimming background check.
- Allow up to 3-4 weeks for the background check to clear.
- No handwritten applications will be accepted.
New Officials: Read Certification Requirements and Procedures for New Officials