Bid Procedures for Hosting a CSI Long Course Meet
How to Become a Meet Host and Bid Procedures
Connecticut Swimming offers 2 competitive season calendars. Short Course season generally runs October through March and Long Course season generally runs April through July. For each season, USA Swimming clubs are welcome and encouraged to submit a bid declaration for one or more meets that will appear on the CSI meet calendar. Short Course (SC) season bidding generally opens in May/June and Long Course (LC) in January/February. CSI Program Operations maintains formal bidding procedures, which USA Swimming clubs agree to abide by. Bid Procedures for the 2024 LC schedule are posted below.
2024 Long Course Bid Information and Procedures
Welcome to the LC Bid Declarations page for CSI Regularly-Scheduled meets and Regional Championships. Using the Connecticut FAST application Swim Meet Bids, clubs will post their bids "virtually" to a password protected online calendar, and in real-time, view all bid declarations. Bidding clubs may move, edit or remove their bids until the deadline. After the deadline, clubs may view all bids in a calendar format, but may not edit their bids.
LC Season is a defined time period, generally held during the spring and summer, where meets of any course (LCM, SCM, and SCY) are sanctioned. Traditionally the LC Season dates have been April through August.
- Preliminary LC Season Meet Schedule
- LC CSI Championship Schedule
- CSI Quad Plan
- Long Course 2023 Meet Announcement template V7
- Subject to Change.
- Please read the directions on page 1.
- directions for adding meets in SWIMS 3.0
- April meets will be posted as soon as the meet information is approved by Program Operations and the Central Office.
- ONLY June and July meets MUST have a CT deadline. See red font in meet announcement for example.
BLACKOUT DATES: The following dates are reserved for CSI championship meets and events.
- July 11-14, 2024: Senior Championships
- 12/Under Meets with no cuts and 13/over meets with max cuts equal to the 2024 LC Senior cuts may be run
- July 19-21 2024: Regional Championships
- Complete blackout no other meets allowed
- July 25-28, 2024: Age Group Championships
- 15/Over meets with no cuts, and 14/under meets with MAX cuts equal of 2024 LC Age Groups cuts may be run
BID DECLARATION LINKS:
- Regularly Scheduled Sanctioned/Approved meet: Login to Connecticut FAST Club Administration page and click on "Swim Meet Bids"
- See Regional Bid page for more dates concerning Regional Bidding
DATES and DEADLINES:
- February 16th - Regional Bids Open
- February 28th at 11:59p - Regional Bid Close
- February 29th at 5:00p - Regularly Scheduled Meet Bids Open
- March 1 at 5:00p - Regional sites awarded
- March 29th at 5:00p - Regularly Scheduled Meet Bids Close
- If you need more time bc a facility is being noncommittal, PUT THE BID IN. It is easier to take a meet off the schedule than it is to add later.
- March 29th 5:01p - April 1st 4:59p - Correction period
- April Meet info (any meet that is in or starts in April) due April 2nd by 11:59p
- If you are running an April 5-6 or April 13-14 meet, I will work with you one-on-one to get your info posted earlier
- Host can accept April meet entries starting April 5th at 7:00p
- May Meet info (any meet that is in or starts in May) due April 15th by 11:59p.
- Host can accept May meet entries starting April 18th at 7:00p
- June Meet info (any meet that is in or starts in June or July) due April 19th at 11:59p.
- Host can start accepting June meet entries starting April 22nd at 7:00p
- These meets MUST have a CT only deadline at least 4 days after the open date, i.E. April 21st open to CT Teams, April 25th open to all Teams.
- July Meet info due April 25th at 11:59p.
- Entries accepted starting April 30th at 7:00p
- There is only one non-CSI Championship meet in July.
- You are welcome to get your meet information in early and I will do my best to post early.
- You are welcome to get your meet information in late. You will just shorten your window to "advertise' your meet.
- There is no penalty to getting your meet information in late.
- The surcharge for all meets during the 2023 LC Season regardless of course is 10%
After The Meet Responsibilities
- Email Henk, email@example.com JUST the meet database backup. (Hytek>File>Backup)
- Log into your Club's FAST Administration page and complete the Meet Directors Report Online
- Do not submit surcharge payment unless instructed to do so.