Bid Procedures for Hosting a CSI Long Course Meet
How to Become a Meet Host and Bid Procedures
Connecticut Swimming offers 2 competitive season calendars. Short Course season generally runs October through March and Long Course season generally runs April through July. For each season, USA Swimming clubs are welcome and encouraged to submit a bid declaration for one or more meets that will appear on the CSI meet calendar. Short Course (SC) season bidding generally opens in May/June and Long Course (LC) in January/February. CSI Program Operations maintains formal bidding procedures, which USA Swimming clubs agree to abide by. Bid Procedures for the 2023 LC schedule are posted below.
2023 Long Course Bid Information and Procedures
Welcome to the 2023 LC Bid Declarations page for CSI Regularly-Scheduled meets and Regional Championships. Using the Connecticut FAST application Swim Meet Bids, clubs will post their bids "virtually" to a password protected online calendar, and in real-time, view all bid declarations. Bidding clubs may move, edit or remove their bids until the deadline. After the deadline, clubs may view all bids in a calendar format, but may not edit their bids.
LC Season is a defined time period, generally held during the spring and summer, where meets of any course (LCM, SCM, and SCY) are sanctioned. Traditionally the LC Season dates have been April through August.
Preliminary LC Season Meet Schedule
Long Course 2023. Meet Announcement template (Subject to Change).
BLACKOUT DATES: The following dates are reserved for CSI championship meets and events.
- July 6-9, 2022: Senior Championships
- Only 12/Under Meets and 13/over meets with max cuts equal to the Senior Cut
- July 14-17 2022: Regional Championships
- Complete blackout no other meets allowed
- July 20-23, 2022: Age Group Championships
- Only 15/Over meets are allowed
BID DECLARATION LINKS:
- Regularly Scheduled Sanctioned/Approved meet: Login to Connecticut FAST Club Administration page and click on "Swim Meet Bids"
- See Regional Bid page for more dates concerning Regional Bidding
DATES and DEADLINES:
- February 9th at Noon - Regional Bids Open
- February 23rd at Noon - Regional Bid Close
- February 24th at Noon - Bids Open
- February 28th at 5:00p - Regional sights awarded
- March 31st at 5:00p - Bids Close
- April 3rd at 5:00p - Meet Declaration, Meet Acceptance Form, Sanction Deposit deadline for all meets.
- Don't worry about sanction # on any of the forms
- Meet Declaration is redundant, but this helps me to quickly post a preliminary LC schedule
- April Meet info (any meet that is in or starts in April) due April 6th by 11:59p
- If you are running an April 1-2 meet or April 7-9 meet, I will work with you one-on-one to get your info posted
- Host can accept April meet entries starting April 17th at 7:00p
- May Meet info (any meet that is in or starts in May) due April 17th by 11:59p.
- Host can accept May meet entries starting April 21st at 7:00p
- June & July Meet info (any meet that is in or starts in June or July) due May 1st at 11:59p.
- Host can start accepting June/July meet entries starting May 1st at 7:00p
- You are welcome to get your meet information in early and I will do my best to post early.
- You are welcome to get your meet information in late. You will just shorten your window to "advertise' your meet.
- The surcharge for all meets during the 2023 LC Season regardless of course is 10%
After The Meet Responsibilities
- Email Henk, email@example.com JUST the meet database backup. (Hytek>File>Backup)
- Log into your Club's FAST Administration page and complete the Meet Directors Report Online
- Do not submit surcharge payment unless instructed to do so.