Starting a New USA Swimming Club
For information about starting a new club please visit USA Swimming's Starting A Club page. This page contains documents and forms you will need to begin the process. The CSI contact is Ginger McCurdy, CSI Registrar.
- MAAPP will apply to all adults who interact with and have direct and frequent contact with minor athletes, including adult athletes. The language used in the policy is Applicable Adult. All Applicable Adults will be required to follow MAAPP.
- By June 23, 2019, every USA Swimming member organization is required to update its policies to reflect MAAPP.
- MAAPP full policy
Risk Management and Your Club
USA Swimming offers, as a benefit of membership, insurance coverage to its members and member clubs to include General Liability and Excess Accident Medical Coverage. Club Safety and Meet Safety Issues should be directed to CSI Operational Risk Coordinators.
The Member Services Department of USA Swimming is pleased to announce the online version of the Report of Occurrence form. The Report of Occurrence is submitted any time there is an accident or injury during such USA Swimming activity as Sanctioned or Approved swim meets, swimming practices, contracted Swim-a-Thons or approved social events.
Insurance Certificates for Your Club
As a USA Swimming member club, you have, at no charge to the club, the benefit of General Liability insurance coverage. The terms and limitations are reviewed annually with each policy period renewal.
Beginning with each new membership year (September 1), USA Swimming mails each club an insurance certificate as proof of their insurance coverage. Many times, a facility will request to be named on the certificate. This is called an "Additional Insured Endorsement." This is a simple process done online through the CertificatesNow website. USA Swimming headquarters does not request this certificate for the club. Remember also, that the certificate is not automatically renewed annually. For miscellaneous Insurance Documents and Forms and Waiver and Release information please visit USA Swimming's Insurance Coverage page.
Entering CSI Championship Meets
Connecticut FAST Tools for Clubs
- Sports Development Coordinator for the Eastern Zone is Jeff Allen email@example.com.
- Club Safety and Meet Safety Issues should be directed to CSI Operational Risk Coordinators.
- Clubs interested in hosting a meet or would like information regarding meet bids should visit the Meet Management page.
- Other questions/concerns should be directed to Nan Cooper, CSI Administrator.