Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
CSI Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Chair: Dennis Flores
USA Swimming and Connecticut Swimming (CSI) are committed to a culture of inclusion and opportunity. We strive to create equity by providing resources specific to the needs of our members. In the context of swimming, diversity is the invitation to our sport, inclusion is making sure our sport is welcoming, and equity is ensuring all members have what they need to be successful.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving the mission of USA Swimming and is an important and necessary step to achieving our four end goals, the “Ends:"
- Achievement of sustained competitive success at the Olympic Games
- Members have resources to sustain successful athletes, coaches, and clubs
- Support public engagement for growth in swimming participation and interest
- USA Swimming recognized as Best in Class
As the National Governing Body and the Local Swim Committee (LSC) of the sport of swimming, we are steadfast in our commitment to identify and lead in reducing barriers, to create and creating opportunities for inclusion, and to increase fairness throughout our sport. We strive to have the demographics of our country be reflected in our membership.
Eastern Zone DE&I December meeting minutes.
Contact: Dennis Flores, DE&I Chair, and Duffy Mudry, DE&I Committee Member
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Resources
- CSI Outreach Membership (Reduced Membership Fees) and Meet Entry Fees
- USA Swimming Diversity and Inclusion
- Diversity Style Guide Helping media professionals write with accuracy and authority
- Disability Language Style Guide
- Associated Press Style Book
- Recommended Practices for Inclusion of Minor Transgender Athletes
- Additional Resource: www.transathlete.com
- Past Events