Judy Snow Student Athlete Service Award
Judy Snow was lifelong CT Swimming volunteer. She gave selflessly to all the members in CT Swimming, never asking for anything in return. To honor her memory, the Judy Snow Student Athlete Service Award was established to recognize an athlete in our swimming community who emulates the qualities of leadership, academics, and volunteerism.
To be eligible, all criteria listed below must be met:
- CT Swimming registered athlete who has been a member of CT Swimming for a minimum of five (5) years, and will be in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 on the day of the Annual Awards Banquet, November 4, 2018.
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 (a 2017-2018 school year transcript must accompany the application submission).
- Completion of the Judy Snow Student Athlete Service Award Application
- If you have an academic resume completed through school you may submit it in addition to the application.
- Two (2) letters of recommendations highlighting your leadership qualities and participation in volunteer activities in and around your community. One of the recommendations should be from a swim club/team coach.
- Meet the October 9, 2018, deadline.
The submittal form is posted to athlete's and parent Connecticut FAST My Accounts. The academic transcript, application, and 2 letters of recommendations will be uploaded to the swimmer’s My Account. (Instructions for creating an account.)
All applications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of Program Development (part of CT Swimming governance), and the recipient will be invited to the CT Swimming Annual Awards Banquet on November 4, 2018, to receive his/her award.
Please contact Kaeley Steinnagel with any questions regarding the application process.