Annual Awards Banquet
2018 Annual Awards Banquet
Sunday, November 4, 2018
Aqua Turf Club in Plantsville, CT
- Monday, October 1, 2018: Athletes wishing to receive a recognition plaque must place a reservation by Monday, October 1, 2018.
- Sunday, October 14, 2018: Top 16 athletes and Scholar Athletes wishing to order an award jacket must place an order with Boathouse by Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- Sunday, October 14, 2018: Eligible athletes wishing to attend the banquet only (no recognition award) must place a reservation by Sunday, October 14, 2018.
- Friday, October 26, 2018: All special meal requests MUST be received by Kaeley Steinnagel. We will be unable to accommodate needs if requested after this date or on the day of the banquet.
You are cordially invited to the annual Connecticut Swimming Awards Banquet in recognition of your outstanding performance during the 2017-2018 season. The banquet will take place on Sunday, November 4, 2018, at the Aqua Turf Club in Plantsville, CT.
Invitations are extended to the following:
- Top 16 Connecticut Athletes in each individual event for each age group, including the Open Water Championship 2K and 5K swims.
- Connecticut Scholar Athletes
- All Coaches, CSI Board of Directors, and other active CSI volunteers.
Selection Criteria: Invitations are extended to Scholar-Athletes and athletes achieving Connecticut Top 16 times. These times are compiled from all meets during the 2017-2018 short course season and 2018 long course season, in an individual event within the following age groups: 10/U, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16, 17/18 and Senior. This includes the Open Water Championship 2K and 5K swim for 11/O athletes. (Invitations are not based upon championship meet place finish, the Open Water Mini-Mile, unofficial USA Swimming events, etc.)
Invitees: If your name is on the Invited Athletes list (revised 09.11.18 to include Scholar Athletes) and you wish to attend the banquet, please submit an online reservation and payment. Note: If a Top 16 time was achieved at an observed meet or during an unattached 120-day period, the invited swimmer's name will be listed under the "UN" club.
Additional Guests: In anticipation of a large number of swimmers attending, guests other than the swimmer's parent(s) may be limited, however reservations for additional guests should be made since the Aqua Turf is a large facility and we do not anticipate any difficulty fulfilling these requests. The additional reservations will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis, as space permits, after all swimmer and parent reservations have been accepted. You will be notified no later than Sunday, October 14 if your additional guest reservations cannot be fulfilled.
- Awards will be presented ONLY to those swimmers attending the banquet and meeting the October 1, 2018 deadline.
- Athletes missing the award deadline and wishing to attend the banquet only (no recognition) must place a reservation by Sunday, October 14.
- Swimmers attending an out-of-state college or who have moved out-of-state and will not be competing in Connecticut, may Order an Out-of-State Award online. Awards will be mailed to out-of-state addresses only.
Award Jackets: Each swimmer invited to the banquet has the opportunity to purchase a swim jacket. This custom made Boathouse jacket is available only to those swimmers invited to the Awards Banquet. Orders will be placed directly with Boathouse. The order deadline is Sunday, October 14. The cost per jacket is $90.60 excluding shipping and tax.
Photo/Video: Parents, athletes, and coaches are invited/encouraged to submit photos and video to Todd Gordon for the Annual Awards Banquet. This is a great opportunity for athletes to be recognized among their peers.
Confirmation: A Confirmation List will be posted on this page after deadline. Banquet reservations may be viewed on Parent/Swimmer My Accounts or by running the FAST query named "2018 Award Banquet Reservation Form - Athlete/Parent Confirmations."
Dietary Restrictions: All special meal requests MUST be sent to Kaeley Steinnagel by Friday, October 26, 2018. We will be unable to accommodate needs if requested after this date or on the day of the banquet.
Table Seating: On your reservation form, you may select any club you would like to sit with.
Club Affiliation: You may sit with any club. All seating assignments will be made based upon the club you designate on your reservation (see Table Seating above).
Deadlines and Cost: The deadline for submitting banquet reservations and out-of-state awards is Monday, October 1, 2018. The cost per person is $31.00. Reservations received after Monday, October 1 and by Sunday, October 14 will be taken for seating only (no recognition plaque). Jackets are $90.60 excluding tax and shipping. Deadline for jacket orders is October 14.
Reservations: Reservations will be made through Connecticut FAST My Account. Instructions for Parents and Coaches. Officials please note: Because athletes are not linked to Officials My Account, banquet reservations for you and your children must be made through a Parent or Swimmer My Account. Read Instructions here.
Payment: Credit card payments are preferred and will be confirmed via automated email. No tickets are required and no tickets will be mailed. There will be no confirmations for payments made by check. Banquet reservations may be viewed on Parent/Swimmer My Accounts or by running the FAST query name "2018 Award Banquet Reservation Form - Athlete/Parent Confirmation."
Thank you for responding promptly. We look forward to seeing you at the annual Awards Banquet in celebration of your hard work and superior accomplishments.