Scholar Athlete: Recognition of Academic Excellence
Connecticut Swimming (CSI) wishes to demonstrate its commitment to excellence in the pool as well as the classroom through its Scholar-Athlete program. CSI member athletes, who meet the eligibility criteria, are eligible for recognition by Connecticut Swimming for excellence in their academic endeavors.
UPDATE of August 13, 2020 - The application deadline has been extended to August 31, 2020.
Guidelines, Eligibility Criteria, and Selection Method
- Connecticut Swimming 2019-2020 Eligibility and Criteria rev 05.22.20 to include Pass/Fail information
- Applications will be accepted May 20, 2020, through Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Applications must by submitted by Monday, August 31, 2020. There will be no exceptions to this deadline.
- You may need the help of your Guidance Office. Familiarize yourself with their summer availability.
- There is no policy allowing for exceptions to the Eligibility Criteria due to illness, injury, travel, etc.
- For accurate and quick processing of your GPA, please submit a school profile. Example
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply using My Account. (Instructions) The Scholar Athlete application is available on Swimmer or Parent My Accounts. Applications received via My Account will be given processing priority.
- Paper applications are discouraged.
Contact and Communications
- IMPORTANT: All communications are handled through workflow. Please add email@example.com to your address book. All correspondence will be via the email address attached to your MY ACCOUNT. Workflow history will be posted to your MY ACCOUNT where you can monitor it and respond.
- Ginger McCurdy
USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
- The USA Swimming Scholastic All-American Program Requirements and Application are posted here. The deadline is August 31, 2020. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.