SWIMS 3.0 is up and running. Here are some helpful hints and videos to help with everything SWIMS 3.0, especially the videos!!!
CREATING LOGINS AND ACCOUNTS AND LINKING
1) Everything starts with the registration link from your Club. Click it! Admins can find this in SWIMS 3.0 under the "Club" toolbar>"My Club">Registration button or by watching the videos and following those instructions.
2) During the process of creating a login for people renewing, you will be asked to LINK your account. This essentially is LINKing your new login to your records in USA Swimming. PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. Even if you haven't been coaching, officiating or swimming for a few years, you want to LINK your records to your new login. If you somehow skip this step, you will create a new account in USA Swimming as if you were never registered before.
3) I have heard that after creating your login and linking your account, you will then have to log out and then click the club registration link again to actually register yourself or a swimmer and pay.
4) DO NOT create a separate login to register your swimmer uness your swimmer is 17/over. Parents can LINK their swimmer to their account. You are able to have "joint" accounts. Click the + sign in the grey family box on your dashboard.
5) If you are a parent who has never been registered with USA Swimming and are registering a swimmer (renewal or new), you still need to create a SWIMS 3.0 login and an account, but you have nothing to link. Once you create your SWIMS 3.0 account, see directions above to LINK your swimmer IF THEY ARE A RENEWAL. I would do this before registering them. You then log out and click your Team's registration link to register your swimmer. NEW swimmers will have to register first before LINKing to a parent account can happen.
6) If you have dual roles i.e. you are a coach and an official or a coach and a swimmer, this can be done on one login, one registration. YOU DO NOT CREATE separate logins and YOU PAY ONLY ONCE. One login, one payment.
MORE HINTS & INFO AFTER CREATING YOUR LOGIN
3) If you SEE an "Expiration Good Standing Date" of 01/01/0001 it means your swimmer did not complete the registration process and pay. This may show a "Registration Expiration Date" of 12/31/2023, but that is not the case. YOUR SWIMMER IS NOT REGISTERED FOR 2023. Yea not confusing at all.
4) Checking your Team's registration swimmer list in FAST for 2022 (ONLY 2022) expiration dates is actually good practice. Yes, FAST is not up-to-date to the present minute, but the 2022 expiration information for ATHLETES is good info. This doesn't mean you don't try and fix a swimmer with issues in SWIMS 3.0, but at least you know for the rest of 2022, said swimmer is registered.
6) You can create and print a club roster in SWIMS 3.0 that will show registration, good standing and other info. It is under the reports tab on your top toolbar on your 3.0 dashboard. This is also a good way of keeping track of your swimmers, noticing duplicates, etc. Although in some cases you do need to contact Henk or Davide.
7) If you do not see an athlete on your roster "but they competed over the summer" most likely a FLEX or seasonal athlete. They need to register as a full-year/premium athlete as a RENEWAL.