National Certifications & Evaluations
The National Officials Certification Program is administered by the USA Swimming Officials Committee. Its primary goal is to expand the education of officials through mentoring, participation and evaluation as well recognizing those officials who have demonstrated their knowledge of swim officiating at each level and position. Certification at any level requires a combination of several things including evaluations, local participation at meets, continuing education, and the training and mentoring of other officials.
NATIONAL CERTIFICATION LEVELS
There are two levels of National Certification – N2 and N3 – for each of 5 positions:
- Stroke and Turn Judge
- Chief Judge
- Deck Referee
- Administrative Referee
- N2 for Administrative Official
Hoping to work at a national level meet? Please read the following expectations first.
APPLICATIONS TO OFFICIATE AT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MEETS
- Applications are generally posted 180 days out.
- 3-star and above meets will generally close at about 120 days out unless there have not been enough applications received to fully staff the meet.
- If you do not see a meet listed, either the application for that meet has closed or it has not yet been posted (for meets in the far future). Please check back for updates to the available applications.
- Acceptance/non-acceptance letters will be e-mailed shortly after the application closure date and after the assigned team has been selected and notified.
For more information visit USA Swimming officials page HERE!