2019 CSI Senior Invite Bid Procedures
CSI will be conducting one (1) trials/finals Senior Invite meet March 7-10, 2019, at Wesleyan University. This will be a time standards meet where the standards shall be set by CSI Senior Committee and open to CT and out-of-state USA Swimming athletes. If the timeline warrants action, Program Operations, with input from the meet host, reserves the right to make adjustments to the meet to ensure a quality meet.
Clubs that wish to host the 2019 SC Senior Invite shall be required to declare their intention to sponsor a meet by completing an online Declaration of Intention. Clubs will be required to return their declaration by Thursday December 13, 2018.
Clubs who return a Declaration will receive a list of all bidders, no later than Friday, December 14, 2018. Clubs may withdraw their bids no later than December 16, 2018.
The Senior Committee and Program Operations Division will review all the declarations. Scheduled bid award date will be no later than December 18, 2018. (The Senior Committee and Program Operations Division or the Board of Directors reserve the right to make final Senior Invite award later than scheduled if necessary.)
Submit a declaration: https://fast.ctswim.org/CTNet/CFPaintForm.aspx?f=50
CSI Senior Invite Format and Bid Procedures
Format: CSI will be conducting a trials/finals Senior Invite meet on March 7-10, 2019, at Wesleyan University.
This will be a time standards meet where the standards shall be set by CSI Senior Committee and open to CT and out-of-state USA Swimming athletes. If the timeline warrants action, Program Operations, with input from the meet host, reserves the right to make adjustments to the meet to ensure a quality meet. Declarations of Intention for meets must include: 1.) Officials registered with bidding club and, 2.) Experience running Preliminary/Finals meets.
Officials: All bidding clubs are required to have a certified Referee, Starter, Administrative Official, and Stroke and Turn Officials, registered with their club. For clubs unable to meet this requirement for a starter and referee (All bid submittals also must include at least one certified Stroke and Turn Official, registered with the host club, in order to bid.); the requirement can be met by acquiring a letter of intent, sent to CSI Program Operations, demonstrating the commitment of both the starter and referee to work the bid meets. Note that a second Referee may be used to satisfy the requirement for an Administrative Official. Please send not later than: December 13, 2018.
Selection Criteria: If there is more than one club bidding for this meet, preference will be given to a club based on the level of certification of officials and number of officials and qualifications of meet management. If all criteria is equal between a CSI club and out-of-state club, then priority will be given to the CSI club.
Senior Invite Requirements
- CSI determined time standards and event order will be used.
- Athlete splash entry fees shall follow 2019 SC Senior Invite Meet Announcement.
- Sanction Deposit, Surcharge and Meet Reports: Sanction deposit will be collected and refunded in full if sanction requirements are met. The CSI Surcharge Policy will be in effect.
- Meet hosts are responsible for facility rental fees. If facility requires it, CSI will sign facility rental contract and bill host club for facility rental.
- Meet hosts are responsible for procuring and paying rental fees for any equipment that is necessary to run this meet including touchpads at the turn-end of the pool.
- Awards will be presented to the top 3 for each event. The host may decide if other awards will be presented. It will be the host's responsibility to procure and pay for the awards.
- Meet database, meet program, etc. are the responsibility of the host club.
- Results must be submitted to the CSI Office by the Tuesday after the meet.
- Vendor arrangements are between host club and facility.
- If permitted by facility, host clubs must provide concessions for athletes and spectators.
- Host clubs must provide a separate hospitality area for coaches/officials with food/beverages adequate for the meet length.
- Timers must be provided adequate beverages.
- Other requirements are listed in the CSI Policies and Procedures and the Meet Managers Guide.
Deadlines and Contact Info
Deadline: Thursday December 13, 2018.
On-line Submittal: Senior Invite Declaration of Intention
Declarations will be date and time stamped by the CSI server. Please print out the confirmation page. This page will serve as confirmation from CSI.
Meet Acceptance Form and Sanction Deposit will be due in the CSI office by December 20, 2018. The Meet Acceptance and Sanction Deposit Form, Sanction Deposit Policy, and Surcharge Policy are available online. Sanction deposit of $300 may be paid with Visa or MC or check payable to CT Swimming. Payment information is posted on the Meet Acceptance Form.
Meet host information for the Senior Invite announcement will be due in the CSI office by December 20, 2018. If any club is late, it will be notified and will have 48 hours in which to submit its information or the club will be subject to partial forfeiture of its meet sanction fee deposit.
If you have any questions, please contact Suzannah Rogers and Mark Wollen, Program Operations. Technical questions regarding the website and/or online submittal should be directed to Nan Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org.