Coach Membership - New to USA Swimming
Coaches new to USA/CT Swimming should start by filling out the online membership application form, and submitting the registration payment. New coaches should note that USA Swimming requires many types of certifications from its coaches, and that ALL requirements must be met before a coach will be allowed on deck. Acceptable courses fulfilling these requirements are listed here: USA Swimming Coach Membership Requirements.
Each coach must submit all items listed below:
- Online USA Swimming Non-Athlete Application
- $75 payment for individual membership
- Within two days of submitting your application and payment, you will receive an automated email from USA Swimming including your USA Swimming ID number. Once you have received this, you may complete the USA Swimming Athlete Protection Test. This test is unavailable until your membership application has been processed; please wait for the email with your USA ID.
- USA Swimming Background Check. An application for this background check may be completed at any time; you need not wait for your USA ID. Please note that this takes at least a few days, and you must not only apply for, but pass, the check prior to being on deck.
- Copies of coach certifications for CPR and Safety may be emailed as an attachment to your club's CSI Registrar. Course certificates are preferred, but certification cards and course record sheets are also acceptable. Be sure to include both the front and back of the certification card.
- Foundations of Coaching Test and Rules and Regulations (Coach Education Requirement).
- Concussion Protocol Training Certificate - This is not yet required by either USA Swimming or the State of Connecticut, but coaches are encouraged to take the training and submit their certificates for input into the national database so that it will show up on Deck Pass. This certification is required by other LSCs, such as California, and as such would be required in order to be on deck in those locations. For more information, see here.
Once your certifications are complete, you will be mailed a USA Swimming coach card. Virtual membership cards are now available on the USA Swimming website by creating a Deck Pass account. Instructions
Coaches with questions regarding membership and registration should contact their club's CSI Registrar.
Coach Membership - USA Swimming Coaches from outside Connecticut
Coaches with valid USA Swimming coaches credentials need only transfer their registration to CT Swimming. Please fill out the online Transfer/Release Form.